Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor circulation, so it is true page

Mikee5 is offline Senior Member

Poor circulation, so it is true

Primal Fuel
    Before going low carb, I never experienced this. It's too coincidental to just happen after switching to a higher fat diet. My arms are very numb and weak especially my left arm (I generally lack strength and stamina after going low carb, maybe something is going on with my muscles). It's very cold and weak and I know my doctor will discourage me to continue.

I am a month into a low carb diet and have encountered a heap of problems. My energy and concentration are back to normal but still not *fully* there, whereas my muscles are getting worse. I take potassium magnesium omega 3 and calcium supplements daily. I don't take any other medication. Am I eating too much fat? Too little carbs? I'm a young, healthy male pre-low carb and see no issues contributing to this other than the diet. I eat 150-200g of fat a day (I eat dairy products everyday), 120g protein and 25g carbs. Too much fat? Cut the dairy? Give it time? I am seriously thinking about incorporating some berries and more veggies and try and hit 50g of carbs a day, as well as reducing the fat and protein slightly because my blood circulation is really poor. Any suggestions? I am not overweight or diabetic. I also drink a gallon of water a day as well as consume enough sodium. There is no other explanation and my case sounds rare but I don't think my body can properly cope with the high amounts of dietary fat. I would really appreciate some suggestions.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I used to get that cold feeling, too sometimes. Not anymore. I think it might take a few months to adapt. But the real question is, are you sure you need to go this low carb? Do you do a carb refeed day here and there? There's a thousand ideas we will be throwing at you, don't get suckered by any of it - if this isn't working for you and some hacks don't fix it, try something else. I'm lucky, this worked well for me. So it's easy for me to say things like, "Give it time, etc."

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    You're a young healthy insulin sensitive male who isn't overweight. Why on earth are you on a low carb diet?

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Can I ask you : what is your daily menu ? That much dairy may not be the best you can eat ...
    If you have no weight issue, no blood sugar problems, etc, then all you have to do is this:
    - eliminate all grains from your diet
    - avoid fructose as much as possible (refined sugar is half fructose)
    - eat whatever you want as long as you don't snack all day long and that the food is real (meats, fish, eggs, veggies, tubers, fruits, herbs with a little salt here and there)
    - sleep good
    - move your body for fun

That's all there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    You're a young healthy insulin sensitive male who isn't overweight. Why on earth are you on a low carb diet?
    To get my appetite and binging under control after months of struggling. Lowcarb has helped me lose weight, clear up my acne, improved my concentration, I've tried everything and lowcarb feels right for me. I'm just scared of incorporating fruits and more carbs back into my diet and the weight will come back. I think I need to tweak my diet a little or give it time, but I'm not consuming any hidden sugars, starches or gluten and it seems like this isn't common and shouldn't be happening.

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikee5 View Post
    To get my appetite and binging under control after months of struggling. Lowcarb has helped me lose weight, clear up my acne, improved my concentration, I've tried everything and lowcarb feels right for me. I'm just scared of incorporating fruits and more carbs back into my diet and the weight will come back. I think I need to tweak my diet a little or give it time, but I'm not consuming any hidden sugars, starches or gluten and it seems like this isn't common and shouldn't be happening.
    It is very common to feel like you do - like crap!! - on that low carb

Wheat causes appetite to get out of control - some carbs do not. There is no reason for you to be on a low-carb diet. listen to your body! Its screaming for some carbs. Are you going to cut fruit and safe starches out of your way of eating your whole life?

Eat a sweet potato, potato, yam, bit of white rice if you feel like it, an apple, or something. Why do you think the weight will come back eating these healthy items?

Quote Originally Posted by Rueben View Post
    It is very common to feel like you do - like crap!! - on that low carb

Wheat causes appetite to get out of control - some carbs do not. There is no reason for you to be on a low-carb diet. listen to your body! Its screaming for some carbs. Are you going to cut fruit and safe starches out of your way of eating your whole life?

Eat a sweet potato, potato, yam, bit of white rice if you feel like it, an apple, or something. Why do you think the weight will come back eating these healthy items?
    I don't think my body handles high carbohydrates well, it triggers cravings, energy crashes and keeps me constantly hungry. My body responds well to protein but because I haven't consumed such high amounts of fat for two years it's concerning me and I know a good plan like Primal/Paleo encourages high fat.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Adding an apple to a diet as low carb as yours does not make it high carb! LISTEN to what people are telling you.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Adding an apple to a diet as low carb as yours does not make it high carb! LISTEN to what people are telling you.
    It's more about how my body and appetite will react to reintroducing some more carbs and fruit again, I don't want the weight gain or hunger again. I'm more concerned with linking the high fat content of my diet to the poor circulation and weakness but I'm considering reducing the fat a little and increasing the carbs.

pace2race is offline Senior Member
    Are you drinking that much water per day because you're thirsty? That's a lot of water to consume only because you think it will be healthful for you to do so. Especially if you drink any other type of beverage in addition to the gallon of water per day. Your dietary salt needs could be much higher than the RDA with being over-hydrated on a chronic basis.

I'd have a coat on all the time if I did that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast