Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Poor circulation, so it is true page 4

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Let's see 1800 fat + 480 protein +100 carb =2380 cal/day. Depending on your size and activity level, you could very well be eating too little food. Macros become moot if you are starving yourself.

Marissa, ftw.

But really folks, the guy says he doesn't do well with carbs, says they trigger binge behavior, etc, and yet a bunch of people pile on saying eat more carbs.

I think, in this case, it is "Eat more food".
    Wouldn't binging be "eating more food"? -_- 2380 calories is rarely not enough, certainly not little enough to make such a big difference in his mood and feeling in such a short amount of time. People cut way more than that all the time. 2380 is probably just about right, unless he were hugely physically active.

He can go ahead and binge all he'd like on fruit, I'd actually like to see him try to make a huge difference in calories intake binging on fruit. It won't happen.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I think she's talking about bingeing on the wrong sorts of foods.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I think she's talking about bingeing on the wrong sorts of foods.
    If he's that concerned about it, he wouldn't keep that stuff in his house in the first place. No bad food in the house = no binging on bad food, unless she thinks him eating a banana is going to spark a sudden impulse to get in the car and drive to McDonald's or something lol
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I agree, not having those foods in the hosue makes bingeing impossible.

To the OP, I had poor circulation a while back too, and I did several things (although I can't say which of them deserves the credit).
    1. Eating dessert (baked bananas, cream and dark chocolate) on days when I notice cold hands (gives me an infusion of potassium, carbs, calories)
    2. Taking Nori and Brazil nuts (Iodine and Selenium) for thyroid function
    3. Adding potatoes back onto the menu (more carbs, plus, cheap!)
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    go to your GP and get U&Es done today. look up hypoklaemia. All night I've worried about that numbness in your left arm. it screeches cardiac insufficiency at me

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Wouldn't binging be "eating more food"? -_- 2380 calories is rarely not enough, certainly not little enough to make such a big difference in his mood and feeling in such a short amount of time. People cut way more than that all the time. 2380 is probably just about right, unless he were hugely physically active.

He can go ahead and binge all he'd like on fruit, I'd actually like to see him try to make a huge difference in calories intake binging on fruit. It won't happen.
    Eating more=/=binging. One is controlled rational behavior. The other is turning in to human vacuum cleaner until the pantry is empty.

We don't really know how much is or is not enough for this individual. The only clues we have are "young, male, and healthy".

biko is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Seriously do not worry about macro ratios or calories. Just eat real food. Eat meat, vegetables, potatoes, fruit and nuts. Cheese if you like it. Whatever combinations appeal to you.

This need to be a sticky.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikee5 View Post
    Did you reduce your fat intake when you added back the carbs?
    No, but the added carbs lowered the percentage of fat without reducing the amount of fat eaten.

Mikee5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbDodger View Post
    go to your GP and get U&Es done today. look up hypoklaemia. All night I've worried about that numbness in your left arm. it screeches cardiac insufficiency at me
    That sounds serious. I've increased my sodium and reduced water, it's improved but my arm is still very weak, numb and cold. I love this new lifestyle and would hate to give it up, I hope it's not related to my cholesterol levels shooting up with all the eggs, red meat and saturated fat that I didn't eat before regularly.

I use to binge a lot on fruit and not necessarily refined sugar or carbs, but like the high sugar fruits like grapes, bananas etc. which probably messed up my insulin levels because it was so excessive, they were just the 'healthier' or more 'nutritious' replacements for my old binge foods so I've decided to stay clean of fruits for the time being.

I'm a male, 5'9, 23 and 130 lbs. I've already lost 10 lbs and I wanna maintain now, but adding back the carbs might trigger hunger pangs and cravings again so I'm planning on doing it gradually and as painlessly as possible. The issue I'm having now is really unpleasant and I know it's diet related.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Dietary cholesterol will have little effect on your cholesterol level, if at all. Don't worry about chol. There is something else at work here and the fact that it is your left arm is cause for concern, I agree. But unless someone is qualified in this forum to give a proper diagnosis, I really encourage you to go and check it with your GP at least.

By the way, don't be afraid of the carbs, it is a matter of which carbs and when. Prefer "safe" starches and eat them in the evening. 100g to 150g / day will do you good probably. I have been upping my carbs lately and I can tell you,, I am definitely not binging. Coming from VLC for 7 months, so I would not sweat it. And if you find yourself binging once, then you'll know whether adding these safe starches is good or not.
    Last edited by dkJames; 05-15-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast