Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: Poor circulation, so it is true page 3

  1. #21
    CarbDodger's Avatar
    CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    784
    Primal Fuel
    the loss in sweat isn't negligible, that a common misconception. when exercising in hot temperatures when you lose 20% more than when exercising in cold temperatures.
    composition of sweat
    sodium (0.9 gram/l)
    potassium (0.2 g/l)
    calcium (0.015 g/l)
    magnesium (0.0013 g/l)
    I mentioned both because this gent is exercising as well as drinking so much plus a salt intake and he's not replacing it. His U&Es are probably pretty unbalanced. I suffer with low K myself and in hot weather, heavy exercise or when I have a fever I have to increase my supplements. I've also been warned it will get worse when i hit the menopause due to night sweats.
    Last edited by CarbDodger; 05-14-2013 at 08:23 AM.

  2. #22
    Derpamix's Avatar
    Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,371
    You have low salt and sugar in your bloodstream. You're holding tons of water, which is drowning out your mitochondria causing low levels of co2(low circulation) and high levels of lactate. You're losing tons of electrolytes. You're also excreting magnesium and calcium.

    Increase carbs, increase salt, decrease water. Water carries out sugar and salt, you have practically none.
    nihil

  3. #23
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,425
    It is necessary to drink fluids when you are thirsty. Water is good, drinking mostly espresso and whisky not so much so.

    Research does not support even the common "64 ounces a day" we see recommended so often that dieters will tell you in all seriousness that the more water you drink, the more weight you will lose.

    That's garbage, an urban legend.

  4. #24
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,900
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It is necessary to drink fluids when you are thirsty. Water is good, drinking mostly espresso and whisky not so much so.

    Research does not support even the common "64 ounces a day" we see recommended so often that dieters will tell you in all seriousness that the more water you drink, the more weight you will lose.

    That's garbage, an urban legend.
    Drinking a little extra fluid can be useful to help you learn when you are really hungry vs. just thirsty or even not either, but just something to take your mind off of food. So from that perspective, calorie-free fluids, water, tea, coffee, yerba mate (unsweetened of course), can be useful.

    For example, if I think I'm hungry but then I drink a cup of tea and suddenly don't feel hungry anymore, I know I wasn't actually hungry to begin with. If I was TRULY hungry, I'd still be hungry even after the cup of tea.

  5. #25
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    10,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikee5 View Post
    So what should my ratios look like if I'm eating 2000 calories a day? I'm aiming for 50g carbs, 120g protein and 100g fat.
    Seriously do not worry about macro ratios or calories. Just eat real food. Eat meat, vegetables, potatoes, fruit and nuts. Cheese if you like it. Whatever combinations appeal to you.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

  6. #26
    eKatherine's Avatar
    eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    5,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Drinking a little extra fluid can be useful to help you learn when you are really hungry vs. just thirsty or even not either, but just something to take your mind off of food. So from that perspective, calorie-free fluids, water, tea, coffee, yerba mate (unsweetened of course), can be useful.

    For example, if I think I'm hungry but then I drink a cup of tea and suddenly don't feel hungry anymore, I know I wasn't actually hungry to begin with. If I was TRULY hungry, I'd still be hungry even after the cup of tea.
    Sure, and I've found having ice water can keep my hands from popping food in my mouth when I'm fixing dinner. It's a tool.

    Drinking massive amounts of water because you think it's good for you is the dietary equivalent of chronic cardio.

  7. #27
    MarissaLinnea's Avatar
    MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    770
    Maybe you're not eating enough in general. I find that when a don't eat enough, for a period of time, I start getting cold all the time.

  8. #28
    Baconoholic's Avatar
    Baconoholic is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    27
    I would say cut the dairy and increase the carbs. You could probably go up to about 75 to 100g of carbs if you workout. But if you want to stay really low carb, then I guess just cut the dairy.

  9. #29
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikee5 View Post
    I'm a young, healthy male pre-low carb and see no issues contributing to this other than the diet. I eat 150-200g of fat a day (I eat dairy products everyday), 120g protein and 25g carbs.
    Let's see 1800 fat + 480 protein +100 carb =2380 cal/day. Depending on your size and activity level, you could very well be eating too little food. Macros become moot if you are starving yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Maybe you're not eating enough in general. I find that when a don't eat enough, for a period of time, I start getting cold all the time.
    Marissa, ftw.

    But really folks, the guy says he doesn't do well with carbs, says they trigger binge behavior, etc, and yet a bunch of people pile on saying eat more carbs.

    I think, in this case, it is "Eat more food".

  10. #30
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    10,104
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not eating enough will trigger "binges", otherwise known as eating a lot 'cause you are hungry. It likely has nothing to do with carbs. If you don't want to eat more carbs, then eat more meat.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •