Ok here it goes. By way of background, I'm 30 years old and I started this plan at 209 pounds. (Full disclosure: I've been eating primal for 7 days, but I need some motivation to keep it up so I decided to start a journal). During high school and college I was pretty athletic - I hiked and backpacked a lot and lifted 3 days a week like clockwork. At one point, I weighed 175 and was benching 315.

However, in college I also started to drink. A lot. I gradually became less and less active and my eating habits went down hill. Now, I'm 30 years old and I've spent the last 10 years surviving almost exclusively on pizza, Chinese food and booze. I'm hoping to turn my life around and if not erase the last decade, at least increase the odds that I'll make it through the next one.

So, with that in mind, I have been chowing salads and steaks for the last week and am down 4 pounds. I'd like to get back into the 175-185 range at least. I ordered some vibram five fingers (if you're gonna go grok, you gotta go full grok!) - they're supposed to arrive on Wednesday so I'm excited about that.

Anyway, enough blabbering. Here's how my day went:

7:30am: protein shake.
9:00am: string cheese, baby carrots.
11:00am: protein shake and a handful of almonds.
12:00pm: salad with grape tomatoes, sliced cucumber and grilled chicken (awesome).
20 minute walk
3:00pm: protein shake, string cheese.
5:00pm: 6 slices salami, some pumpkin seeds
6:30pm: 4 slices bacon, 3 eggs scrambled, extra sharp cheddar cheese

I also probably had about 6 12oz cans of sparkling water and 6 cups of coffee.

That's that for day 1.