Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teach2183 - A fresh start page

teach2183 is offline Senior Member

Teach2183 - A fresh start

Shop Now
    Alright, I'm going to start all of this over again. I lost 20lbs in the first year of going primal. But in the last 6 months I've lost nothing, and I have quite a ways to go. I don't truly care about the number on the scale, but I have a lot of fat to lose on my stomach and lower body. So I'm recommitting and plan to post my exercise here. I'm also going to try cycling between low and high carb days. I know I can't go very low carb for more than a few days or I get depressed. But perhaps cycling back and forth will give better results. Here's my plan for the first week, which starts Thursday.

TH: Squats - warmup 70, 2x5
    95, 100, 110 5, 5, 5+
    Lunges 3x12
    FR: Bench - warmup 45 2x5
    70, 75, 75 5, 5, 5+
    Lat Pull (working towards pull-up) 65 3x5
    SA: Sprints 6x50%, 6x100%
    SU: Deadlift - warmup 80 2x5
    105, 115, 120 5, 5, 5+
    Leg lifts 3x12
    M: Press - warmup 45 2x5
    55, 55, 60 5, 5, 5+
    Push-ups 3x15
    TU: Rest
    W: Soccer

We'll see how this goes. I think it's a good combination of body weight and weight lifting strength exercises. I would like to be able to do a pull-up again some day. So hopefully I can work towards that, starting with the lat pull downs. We'll see how it works out. I'll follow a similar set-up each week, with the weights rotating according to Wendler's 531. Ready to see this fat start melting away.

Had a fantastic "rest" day today. Took the kids to the park today, which meant walking about 4 miles to get there and back. Also went for a walk after dinner, so another mile. All of this pushing the kids (~70lbs) in the stroller. Felt good to be outside enjoying the warm weather. A pretty low carb day. I was happy to see I'm only about a pound up from my low today, as it's the start of a new cycle. I'm really hoping in a couple days to see a new low. For dinner tonight I made sausage and peppers, with corn based noodles that I didn't eat. Tomorrow I'll put together good burgers to grill and then Thursday I'm making shrimp fried rice by request. So Thursday will be a high carb day. I think in the future I might have it be Wednesdays, but I'm tutoring tomorrow so can't have it be then. Soccer tomorrow night and then I start in with the new lifting schedule.

Here we go!

Spent yesterday morning at the park with the kids. Really bringing my down stress level, until I had to carry DS part way home over putting his shoes back on (don't want him in the street shoeless). Spent the afternoon with the kids in the pool while I read a book. Had a nice soccer game last night and even scored. Apparently I need to shoot more (I feel like I already shoot a lot), I tend to start taking the advice when even the ref says it. It was great sprints though.

Today the kids had swimming in the morning, so I got some arm work in lifting and towing DS in the water. Then this afternoon I lifted squats and lunges as prescribed above. Apparently my max estimate was off, because I did 12 reps on the last set. Hmm, not sure what to make of that. I'll reset after the end of the month though, likely jump a fair amount up. Afterwards we went down the park for a while and then I came home to make dinner.

Shrimp fried rice as a request by DH. Used chicken broth to cook the rice to give it a few more nutrients. Today was meant to be a high carb day. Back to normal tomorrow and will try to stay low carb until we celebrate DH's birthday next weekend. I am so ready to see the numbers go down on the scale. Looking forward to bench tomorrow.

Another pretty good day today. Spent the morning at the library and then the afternoon outside/at the park. I got in my lifting, bench and lat pull down as written above. I think I was off on the bench as well, because I did 13 reps on the final set. Looks like I'll be able to reset that one higher as well after this round. Lat pull down was pretty close to right on though. Will increase that by 2.5lbs next time. The goal is to get close to body weight so I can eventually do a pull-up. I think once I get to half my body weight I'll switch to pull-ups with my feet on the bench.

Ready for a weekend to relax!

Having more energy lately! Completed my sprints today. The hardest part was breathing through them. Hopefully that will get better with time. I enjoyed pushing myself though. Came home and spent some time on the phone with my sister, then had a nice shower. Starting to feel somewhat strong and I think the fact that I'm sticking to my plan is helping. Knowing that there is a plan and it's likely to work seems to help.

Looking forward to relaxing with DH tonight and likely having Champagne to celebrate his new job. So wonderful to feel financially set, no matter what happens with my side jobs.

Had a very nice Sunday today. Went to church with the family, then to Costco for some of our bulk purchases. Also got some organic eggs. Had some lunch and then put the kids down. I was super dizzy, possibly due to last night's champagne. I took a nap for about an hour along with the kids. It was pretty nice. This afternoon I cut DH's and DS's hair outside (mess control), then planted the 3 plants I received for mother's day. One of them is an organic strawberry plant. Hopefully it will take hold where I put it and we can enjoy some yummy organic strawberries. I think we've found a spot in the yard that we can grow some food that, if necessary, will be easy to keep the deer away. Not going to plant a ton this year, but hoping to perhaps put some things in the ground this fall or at least start planning for next year.

Also got in my lifting today, as written above. It is really hot so I didn't need to warm-up much. On the last set I only got in 7 reps because my hands were tired, but also because a mosquito landed on my hand. We're going to need to look into some bug control for our yard. I think I'll do some research into what types of plants would be good. Then we can line the patio area and driveway with plants that will also keep mosquitoes away. There has to be something that will work and be pretty.

Off for our nightly walk!

Scale is moving in the right direction again. Even though I had ice cream with raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries last night. Just something about a small bowl of ice cream on a hot day. That is why I can't do a whole30 until September. I know I'll crave the ice cream and then the effort will be lost.

Did my workout this morning since there are impending strong storms this afternoon and tonight. I did the push press as written above, but only did 3x10 for pushups. My whole body was shaking and I just couldn't do any more. But that means I must be getting stronger.

I'm getting pretty frustrated with the fat on top of my muscles. I feel the strong muscles, especially abdominal muscles. But there's fat on top and I can't seem to shed it. Hopefully this past week was cycle related and I can get back on track and see a new low this week. I'm so ready to start losing, but I also know the next few months will be tough. DH's birthday Sunday, DS's birthday next Thursday, then vacation and summer ice cream trips. Maybe if I can keep the ice cream to once a week I can still see results. And then in September I can do a whole30 and really ramp up the effort.

One of the most frustrating things right now? It seems my boobs are getting bigger! Before anyone laughs or says "send them my way"... my 34F bra seems to be too small in the cup. Seriously, people, this is ridiculous!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hi

It's always encouraging to see a "starting over" post! It sounds like you're doing great! Those muscles will start to show themselves as you continue "workin' it!" Don't get discouraged - just stay with it! (I should be my own cheerleader!)

As for the boobs....... 34F is a load for sure! Is the cup that feels to small or the band? If you're building back muscles you might need to get a bigger band size. Could be hormonal? Good food and exercise usually help with hormonal balance - could be something to do with that. Might need to talk that over with doc at your next check up. ???

Hope you continue to see progress and success!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    As for the boobs....... 34F is a load for sure! Is the cup that feels to small or the band? If you're building back muscles you might need to get a bigger band size. Could be hormonal? Good food and exercise usually help with hormonal balance - could be something to do with that. Might need to talk that over with doc at your next check up. ???
    I think my body is still finding "normal" after being pregnant/nursing until last October. It's definitely the cup size as they just run over. I can easily fit my fingers under the band. It's weird because I was down (from 34H) but now they're going back up. May find myself wearing sports bras a lot this summer.

How are things going for you?

PrimalCon New York
    Today is a day off from exercising. After a horrible night's sleep, that a good thing. Scale is still moving in the right direction though. I'm hoping to see a new low before DH's birthday on Sunday. If I can keep up the half pound loss per day, I should see a new low by Thursday. We'll see what happens!

Taking the kids to a playdate at a park this morning. It will be nice to spend the morning outside in the fresh air. Hopefully they'll get some good naps in too. No big plans for the afternoon, so probably will head to our close park for a while. Everything is wet since we had some storms over night, which led to the poor sleep. It was also really hot in the house. Hoping that a day of rest and relaxation will soothe some of my sore muscles and I'll get some good sleep tonight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast