Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teach2183 - A fresh start page 3

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So frustrated. This is just not working for me. It appears that any time I exercise I stop losing weight, no matter what I eat. So do I stop lifting while I try to lose some weight? But then will I just lose muscle mass and retain the body fat? I don't feel any skinnier and my stomach fat is still definitely there, no matter what I eat. I can't get back to the low I hit last week, and life keeps getting in the way. We postponed DS's birthday until next Sunday. Tomorrow will be the last day of his birthday cake, so I'm thinking 1 final push to see if this meat and eggs idea can work is in order. Tomorrow will be a carb up day, with shrimp fried rice for dinner. Then I will eat only meat eggs for the rest of the week. Have fish planned for later in the week. Hopefully having everything planned out will make it work. Will have to decide if I'll keep the fruit with breakfast. Perhaps just downsize the amount I've been having.

Did not sprint today as I'm just having a down day. Instead I took DS to pick up some tomato plants from my dad. We also picked some strawberries, spinach, and radishes from his backyard. I have major envy of his backyard garden. I have dreams of what I can do with the space in our yard here. Just have to figure out what areas get enough sunlight to plant food. I think there's definitely one more patch that we'll look to expand into next year. My dad might give me some of his strawberry plants in the fall, which would be awesome. I would love to find some perennial fruit/vegetable plants so we don't have to restart every year. Maybe we could replace some of the bushes with berry bushes. Although I worry about the thorns for those with the kids. We'll see where life takes us and what we can afford to do. Next up on the list is the plumbing, and then sorting out the mud pit area in the backyard.

Feeling very tired today. I suspect it is related to the many days of rainy weather we've had. Today was also colder, so we were really stuck inside. I had a carb up day as well, although stayed completely primal as long as I ignore the sugar in the cake (gluten free). Breakfast was banana, egg, cinnamon pancakes. Probably won't do that again as the effort to make them was much greater than the other gluten free pancakes. Lunch was lunch meat, potato salad, cheddar cheese, and carrots. Snack was the last of DS's birthday cake (homemade, gluten free). Dinner was shrimp fried rice (shrimp, white rice, green pepper, onion, bean sprouts). Might finish it off with a small bit of ice cream and fruit tonight, depending on whether I'm hungry.

Got in my lifting this morning as well.
    Dead lift
    Warm up 80 2x5
    105 3x5
    120 3
    135 8
    Leg lifts 3x14

Felt really pretty good with the workout, will be interesting if I feel it later. I'm trying to decide what I want to do for the summer in terms of a lifting plan. I have about 8 weeks where I could do whatever I want because DH will be around. Not sure if I want to do some cross fit type things, Olympic lifting, or stick with the straight strength training. I like the results I'm getting in terms of strength and speed for soccer. But I wonder if Olympic type lifting would give me more benefits for weight loss. And then I wonder if I should just drop off to body weight for a while to try and lose. Anyone reading this know what's the most effective strength training to maintain muscle mass while focusing on weight loss?

So the scale wasn't too horrible for the day after a carb fest. Likely because this time I ate real food instead of tons of sugar and ballpark crap. So I'm hoping I'll be down a bunch tomorrow and see a new number by the end of the week. I did some different things with food, mostly out of necessity. But it ended being practically a 0 carb day!

B: 3 eggs cooked in butter, most of a can of tuna, berries leftover from DS's plate
    L: Salami, 3 HB eggs
    D: Brisket and 7 baby carrots

I also got in my lifting, end of round 3 today.
    Press
    Warm-up 45 2x5
    55 3x5
    60 3
    70 5
    Push-ups 3x12

Workout felt pretty good and not feeling too sore today. I think that the major decrease in stress with work ending for the summer helps as well. I also cleaned DS's room today, which included washing his floor on my hands and knees. Didn't take me very long. I am hoping to get a nice clean house to start off the summer, and then spend lots of time outside with the kids to keep it clean for a while. Of course, we have some projects we want to work on as well that will help to give the house a fresher look. Ready to start making this place truly ours by taking down some window coverings and painting.

Tomorrow is a day off from exercise as well as any plans with the kids. If the weather cooperates, perhaps we'll walk down to the far away park.

Scale was friendly this morning, down to 172.2! Makes it look like I could realistically be down below my 171 low by Sunday if I can stay on track. However, I slept horribly last night. I was up for a portion of the night feeling nauseous, but couldn't do anything about it. I got up and used the bathroom and forced myself back to sleep and was feeling better when I woke up. Perhaps my body doesn't do so well going from super high carb to no carb? My bowel movements definitely slow down majorly when I'm eating low carb. Making sure to drink a bit more water today to ensure I'm not getting dehydrated as well. Food is going great today so far.

B - 3 eggs, leftover brisket, DS's leftover berries
    L - brisket, 2 HB eggs
    Dinner will be burgers

Hoping for a lower number in the morning, by stomach actually feels a little flatter. And if I'm not mistaken, by boobs might be shrinking. DH won't be excited about that, but if I could get down to a 34D (currently 34I), I would be happy. Maybe then I could wear bras left often and be okay.

Time to put the kids down for their nap so I can work!

New low weight on the scale this morning of 170.8! I can see breaking through the 170s in reach. Had some stomach issues last night before bed, but didn't bother me through the night. I actually slept pretty well until DS crawled in bed at 5:50. I know that won't last much longer, so I don't complain about it too much. He was super snuggly today too. After a good breakfast and short trip to the library, we spent a good portion of the day cleaning up the playroom. Only 2 rooms left in the house to get sparkly clean for the summer and DS's party on Sunday. I just hope the playroom can stay clean until then!

Today was another day off, since Wednesday is usually my soccer night. Tomorrow I'll start week 4 of this round of 531. It's basically a maintenance week, so should feel good. Looking forward to tomorrow being DH's last full day of work for the summer as well. I wonder if I'll see another new low on the scale tomorrow. I did have a few almonds (10-12) and some dark chocolate (85%) tonight. But considering I basically ate 0 carbs otherwise, I think I should still be fine. Interested to see what the next few days lead to with Sunday as another carb refeed.

It's been a while since I wrote, but I have been doing pretty well. Weighed in yesterday at 169.8. It was great to see that number under 170. Except today I was back up to 171. Not incredibly surprising since I also started my period. And actually, to only go up 1 pound I was pretty happy to see it. Have been struggling a bit with food lately because I haven't planned as well. And part of me is like, well, we're going on vacation next week and it'll all get messed up then so who cares. I would, of course, like to see that number under 170 again before we leave. I've backed off working out as well. Have spent the last 2 days painting the kids' bedrooms and played 2 soccer games last night, so that should count for something. We didn't have any subs last night either, so I played a full 40 minute game and then about 30 minutes for a scrimmage.

I feel like now that I've seen 169.# I could see myself in the low 160s again. Will get more serious again once we return from vacation, in 1 week.

It's been a while since I wrote because I became quite discouraged after vacation. I managed to basically maintain while I was gone, which was great. But when I returned the numbers on the scale seemed to be random. So I've abandoned the steak and eggs trial, especially since I was getting sick of the hardboiled eggs for lunch. I'm eating a nice, big breakfast which is 3-4 eggs, some leftover meat, and a couple handfuls of berries with water. My lunch is typically lighter, some sort of leftovers or a little lunch meat and cheese. I've been trying some new recipes for dinner out of Everyday Paleo. The kids haven't been excited about the spiciness, so I will need to omit the cayenne pepper in the future. But last night's zucchini "lasagna" was pretty good. I've developed a new weight training program that I think will keep me interested for a while and I'll actually feel like I'm doing something. A mix of the standard lifts, some Olympic lifts, and some cross fit body weight moves. I'm going to lift just 2 days a week and play soccer once. I think my body needs quality recovery time.

I saw 169.8 on the scale again this morning! Even with my "eff it" attitude about losing weight lately, I'm at my lowest in over 6 years. I think I had slipped into not eating enough because I wasn't excited about food any more. With the occasional treat as a family of ice cream I think I up the calories every few days to keep my body guessing. But I also think I really rely on a solid, large morning meal to signal to my body that there indeed is no famine and it can go on ahead with its business. In this I am also generally fasting 14 hours/day, which I remember reading as a good fasting window for women. So here's to seeing where life leads in the next few weeks and if I can get firmly into the 160's!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    168.6 on the scale this morning! If I can get down to 167 I can confidently declare myself as permanently in the 160s since I do have a 3lb or so fluctuation, especially as my period approaches.

Got in an awesome workout today too that felt good and showed strength gains.

Squat 105, 110, 115 5, 5, 10
    Incline Pullups 10, 12, 20
    Bench 80, 80, 85 5, 5, 10
    Box jumps (onto step) 12, 14, 20
    Snatch 45, 50, 50 5, 5, 10
    Pushups 10, 10, 14

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123