Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teach2183 - A fresh start page 2

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Weighed in at 172.0 this morning for a new low. My favorite skirt is starting to be almost too big in the waist. I might try to figure out to make it smaller because I love it. And perhaps when I get to my final weight (150-155?) I'll make myself some cute skirts that fit. I was shocked to see that number on the scale because I've been fighting so hard for it. Perhaps this carb cycling is what my body really likes. I'm interested to see how I play at soccer tonight.

Another thing I seem to be doing is a big breakfast, small lunch, and medium dinner. That might have something to do with this as well, signifying to my body every day that there is no shortage of food so it can let reserves be burned. We'll see how I react after the craziness of DH's birthday this weekend. I wonder how much more I can lose before then as well.

Second day in a row with a new low on the scale! I was shocked to see 172.0 yesterday and then today 171.4. So looks like I'll be sticking with eating this way for a while. Although I am looking forward to eating whatever I want on Sunday for DH's birthday. Meatloaf and green beans sounds good for dinner though as well.

DS woke up with a fever this morning, so I spent the morning snuggling with him in bed. I did manage to get my lifting in this afternoon though. I think I'm a little rundown because I didn't get to sleep last night until around 11. Looking forward to a better bed time and sleep tonight. Plan for this week's workouts:

TH: Warmup 70, 2x5; Squats 100, 110, 115 3, 3, 8; Lunges 3x14
    F: Warmup 45, 2x5 Bench 75, 75, 80 3, 3, 3+; Lat Pull 67.5 3x14
    Sa: Sprints 6x50%, 6x100%
    Su: Warmup 80 2x5, Dead 115, 120, 130 3, 3, 3+; Leg lifts 3x13
    M: Warm up 45 2x5, Press 55, 60, 65 3, 3, 3+; Pushup 3x11

Here we go!

Spent another morning snuggling with my little buddy. Turned out to be just what he needed as this afternoon he was back to his usual trouble maker self! Did manage to get a little cleaning done this morning and all the laundry done today. We spent the afternoon outside, I got in my lifting and DH cut the grass.

I've had some stomach trouble the last 2 night and even times during the day where I feel like my heart is racing. It makes me wonder if my body is not adjusting well to be low carb? I had some potatoes with dinner tonight and we'll see how I'm feeling in the morning. Definitely a very weird thing. I also felt fairly weak while working out today. I haven't had a carb day since last Wednesday, so perhaps that is the reason. If I can just get through tomorrow I hope Sunday will resolve the issue and then I'll be back to once a week reefed days. I think with all my activity I can't go more than a week, perhaps I even need to go shorter than that. Seeing the scale continue to inch down though is really nice. 171.2 this morning. There's a chance I could break that 170 barrier before June 1st!

Down just a little more to 171.0 today! Had a nice morning with the family. Ran to the store to grab some last minute gifts for DH with the kids. Then watched DD play soccer for a bit. Had some lunch and good relaxation time while the kids took a nap. Now that everyone was at the store I had a chance to get in my sprints.

I feel awful! The sprints weren't terrible, but when I stopped each one I had a heck of a time catching my breath. After the last one I had to stop and lean against a tree before I could walk home. And as I walked my ears started hurting. It's as though the pressure in my head is off, but the breathing I learned from scuba diving is not working to remedy it. I had some water and I'm working up the energy to go shower. Sprinting usually gives me all sorts of energy, so I wonder what's up. Could my body be responding like this due to eating low carb for more than a week? Started DH's cake this afternoon and am looking forward to putting the finishing touches on it when he gets home with the whipping cream to make the custard filling and ganache topping. Thinking we might dig in tomorrow before heading to the game.

Here's hoping for another loss tomorrow before a big carb fest! And hoping I feel better after I shower.

Feeling much better after a shower and some dinner. Although definitely feeling yesterday's lifting in my upper body. Glad the ear pain is gone and no more headaches. I wonder if wearing headphones while sprinting was part of the issue. Went for the usual walk as a family.

Is it "normal" to have panicky thoughts about illness/death? While I was sprinting today I heard sirens in the distance. For a moment I started to panic that DH and the kids were in an accident. I leave my phone at home when I sprint, so no one could contact me to tell me they were hurt. Then my mind wandered to what life would be like without them. Very morbid stuff. Likely a small sign that I've been low carb too long, so tomorrow's reefed will be important. As I was struggling to breathe though I also had some panicky thoughts about what if something is wrong with me. My mom died from cancer at 57 and when they found it, it had spread everywhere. So at times I start to freak out that I have cancer but as I haven't been to the doctor for a while it hasn't been found. My breathing seemed really strange to me, so I started to wonder. I'm not sure if these moments of panic are normal. They don't incapacitate me in any way, but they're there none the less.

Had an interesting food day today, trying to increase carb consumption and celebrate DH's birthday. Breakfast was oatmeal, followed an hour later by Boston Cream Pie (gluten free and dark chocolate). The cake was actually a bit overwhelming for me. Lunch was a polish sausage with onions at the Sox game, followed only by a few fries covered in cheese, bacon, and sour cream. So very good I was amazed! Dinner was lunch meat, deli cheese, and a bunch of watermelon. And just now I had a small piece of cake, much better as a smaller version. Will be interested to see how high my weight is tomorrow morning and if it comes back off quickly or not.

Also got in today's lifting. I'm very tired from waking up at 6 (for no reason) and then being at the park all day. So I accidentally did 5 reps on the first set. But I finished everything else and did 7 reps on the last set. I only stopped because I couldn't hold the bar anymore. Back to working on increasing my grip strength I suppose. Kind of weird since it was only 130lbs on the bar. Leg lifts felt pretty good, nice big stretch and working to build my ab muscles even more. Looking forward to finishing this round of lifting tomorrow.

Will be monitoring my mood after this carb reefed, but I feel like I'm in a better place than I was just yesterday. Perhaps because now that the surprise for DH's birthday is over I have absolutely nothing to be stressed about. Time to relax and see what life brings!

I'm up 3lbs today, to 174.0. Hopefully most of it is just water weight from all the watermelon last night! I woke up feeling fairly sick though as well. Very possibly too much sugar yesterday. However, my mood and thoughts seem to be much better. This week is going to be a tough one since Thursday is DS's birthday which means there will be cake Thursday and again Saturday. I'm also not sure what I'll do for dinner tonight as we're supposed to be doing pizza for DH's birthday which was yesterday.

I did get in my lifting this morning and felt fairly strong. Got up to 8 reps on the last set. I should easily be able to push my maxes higher for the next round. I feel like I'm getting stronger and feeling more solid all around which is good. Hopefully I'll continue to see the scales moving this week. If I can get this weight gain gone my Wednesday I might be able to see 169.8 by June 1st and that would be awesome.

Here we go!

Well, the scale is still WAY up. Food was okay yesterday, but dinner was a struggle. I only had 2 pieces of pizza (small, squares) and those weren't even worth it. Next time DH wants to get pizza from there I think we'll have to investigate their crustless deep dish. Still likely high in carbs due to the cheese, but probably tastes better. Today I've been back on board food wise, although I had a couple bites of cake that DS didn't finish. The scale reading kind of depressed me, since I was doing so well at the end of last week. I was hoping it would be down a little from yesterday but in fact went UP. Hmm, not sure what to do at this point. DS's birthday is Thursday so tomorrow I'll bake his cake and have a small piece on Thursday. I think the low carb thing is kind of out the window until I get through his party Saturday. I also think it's killing my mood. I'm wondering if all the weight I lost last week was water weight as well. I know I can't do low carb indefinitely, so I'm not sure if it's worth it at all. I'm pretty frustrated right now. It's looking more and more like I'm heading for a whole 30 starting some time this fall.

Back down to 172 today, has me feeling a bit better about this low carb cycling. Last night I played 2 soccer games. It felt good to get out there and really run around. I honestly felt faster as well, which was somewhat strange. I was able to out sprint some people I couldn't before, which was really cool. I am going to sub, but play almost full time for a second team this summer. So I'll likely be playing 2 games each week that I go. That will be a lot of fun to do again.

Got in today's lifting, starting week 3 of this round. I can't remember if I posted the plans for this week's lifting. I'm not sure if I'll get in sprints on Saturday with everything else going on.
    Squat
    Warm up 70 2x5
    95 3x5
    110 3
    120 9!
    Lunges 3x16

Onward, and hopefully downward. I did have a piece of cake for DS's birthday today. Gluten free and I cut my piece the same as for the kids. Hopefully won't be too much of a set back. Hoping to be back down to 171 tomorrow so I can see a new low on Saturday before possibly making that this week's reefed day due to DS's party. We'll see how things are going though.

DD spent the day complaining of a sore throat and with a fever. Managed not to need to any motrin though, a sign she's getting bigger I think. DH stayed home so I could take DS for his check-up. Definitely my little guy at the 25% for height and weight. He jabbered away for much of the appointment and did a great job peeing into the cup. The new doctor was really nice and when I informed him we're still doing whole milk didn't have a problem with it. I liked this guy more than the woman DD saw and I'm sure we'll see others. But hopefully we'll have another great year and not return there until next April when DD turns 6.

Got in my lifting today and it felt pretty good. Was able to do 8 reps on the last set, which is real good. Felt the lat pull downs in my upper abs, just below my rib cage. I'm getting a little nervous that something is wrong because that's where I feel winded during sprints as well. But with no soccer this week and DH's last week of school for the year, I'm trying to ignore it. We also postponed DS's bday party until next weekend with DD sick and MIL in the hospital.

Today's workout:
    Bench
    Warm up 45 2x5
    70 3x5
    75 3
    85 8
    Lat Pull 70 3x12 - very tough to finish the last couple

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast