Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things I wish my doctor had told me but didn't... page 2

seashells is offline Senior Member
    I recently learned that bactine will heal a cold sore quickly. Might even prevent one from forming if applied soon enough. Now I have a $5 bottle of bactine both at home and at work. Although I really don't get them very often anymore since going primal, twice this winter I've had to scramble for the bactine and both times the blister didn't form.

How about skin tags? My husband has a number of them and although an internet search partly attributes them to obesity, he's quite slim. Any home remedies or supplements that you guys know?

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I don't know if skin tags are the same as moles but I got rid of a mole by putting iodine on it daily. It shrunk and eventually disappeared. Iodine can be somewhat strong by itself so you may want to mix it with a carrier oil, if you do that remember to keep it an opaque container because iodine is light sensitive.

I started applying iodine to my finger cyst and it's hard to tell but it seems to be shrinking.

MerryMac is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I don't know if skin tags are the same as moles but I got rid of a mole by putting iodine on it daily. It shrunk and eventually disappeared. Iodine can be somewhat strong by itself so you may want to mix it with a carrier oil, if you do that remember to keep it an opaque container because iodine is light sensitive.

I started applying iodine to my finger cyst and it's hard to tell but it seems to be shrinking.
    I didn't realize there were sebaceous glands on hands! Anyway, how'd the iodine treatment work? Is your cyst gone?

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    I had one surgically removed from my neck. Woke up half-way through the surgery to find out that my face was covered in a blue cloth and being used as a platform for all of their tools. They couldn't see that my eyes had opened so I said "Uhh, I'm awake under here btw..." I heard some scrambling and then got about 10 shots of local anesthesia in my neck in rapid succession. The fire I was feeling died down and I waited patiently under my cloth for them to finish.

The punchline? It's growing back.
    I have one like that. Good times.
    Out of context quote for the day:

Ahh the Internet where you can go from discussing beaver anus and a mouthful of balls. - Blacksmith

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    More what I wish my mother's doctor had told her: Don't let your children become overweight - it will haunt them the rest of their lives.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12