Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies, how do you deal with heels? page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Techie View Post
    Nothing like women permanently stretching and changing the musculature of their legs to please other people..

Might as well go back to foot binding so you can show how desirable you are for marriage by not being able to walk up stairs or out of the house.
    That's cute. Ever thought that we wear high heels because we want to? You know? Since we can actually use our own money and not ask our husbands and stuff? They can actually be worn outside of the kitchen.
    Last edited by Damiana; 05-14-2013 at 03:47 AM.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I deal with heels by NOT wearing them.

I have worn these to several semi-formal occasions with tailored dress slacks etc.
    Vibram Performa Jane - Vibram FiveFingers Women's Performa Jane + Free Shipping
    Other women liked them and were jealous of my comfort.
    Some of them actually ended up taking off their nice heels at some point.

It's too bad the Vibram quit making this style... I live them so much I have an extra pair in the closet in more than one color.
    I have black, pink, orange, and purple of the leather Performa style.
    One orange pair I have been wearing for nearly three years, and thought it is starting to get a bit rough at the toes they are still in pretty good shape. For dressing nice the second orange pair will have to come out of the closet soon though. And then they will be gone. No more leather VFF's after I wear out those pairs.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Cheap+ comfortable+ attractive shoes don't really exist.

I'd stick with flats, because heels tend to sink in mud, and even little kitten heels do. Unless... you could do a wedge.
    Nine West Garcen Grey Leather - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Low-heel, low-cut faux riding boots. Smart, durable, gives you a bit of a "posh punk" look, though.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Could you get 2 pair... something that's nice and reusable for work for the ceremony, and something that's comfy and cleanable/throwaway for the reception? No one will really care what's on your feet after the ceremony/pictures.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    That's cute. Ever thought that we wear high heels because we want to? You know? Since we can actually use our own money and not ask our husbands and stuff? They can actually be worn outside of the kitchen.
    Thank you. The heels I wore were ones that I chose myself and paid for with my very own money. My boyfriend even asked, "Are you sure you want to wear those?" and, of course, I did. Until 7 hours later.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i'm not getting why she wants you to wear "dressy" shoes outside in potentially mucky weather. Is she planning to ruin her shoes too?

i'll echo the advice for flats or wedges at most, and if they're definitely going to be ruined, look at payless.

cowboy boots are good for all-day comfort but i wouldn't wear any of mine in muck, they're too fancy.

ebay is a good place to get nice barely used shoes cheap but if you have issues with buying w/o trying on, then that won't work.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

I'd stick with flats, because heels tend to sink in mud, and even little kitten heels do. Unless... you could do a wedge.
    Nine West Garcen Grey Leather - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways
    I think these are a great option. As long as you wipe any mud off a few times over the course of the day, say, with some extra paper towel of TP whenever you go to the bathroom, they won't get ruined. The leather will be fine.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Violette_R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    LOL, that reminds of that business maxim: fast, good, cheap - pick two.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast