Thread: Primal Colleges? page

atticus_mathers is offline Junior Member

Primal Colleges?

Primal Fuel
    I'm in the military and looking for a good school to study Nutritional Anthropology or something of that sort. I figure since I already spend an inordinate amount of time learning about Grok and his habits, I might as well get a degree while I'm at it.

So, can anyone recommend a school(s) with a good program? Or a more specific degree path that will focus on Grok lifestyle and habits. I'm leaning toward anthropology but am still unsure.

Thanks!
    Mike

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Well, my favorite primal academic is Dr. Staffan Lindeberg at the University of Lund in Sweden... you might want to look for a paleonutrition path somewhere? Better yet, start with a biochemistry degree, then go to nutrition. I don't think nutrition programs themselves have enough biochemistry (my personal opinion!)

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisous View Post
    Better yet, start with a biochemistry degree, then go to nutrition. I don't think nutrition programs themselves have enough biochemistry (my personal opinion!)
    I agree, in that I think you're going to want to either focus on the anthropology or some other aspect of nutrition (I'm a biochemist so I'm biased toward that of course, haha) since an actual NUTRITION program will be obnoxiously CW and I can't imagine getting through 4 years of it with my sanity intact.

For example, the division of nutritional sciences at my school (Cornell University) has all sorts of awesome scientists studying what they call "Molecular nutrition," and other faculty doing what appears to be cool research on the social/cultural side of things... but if you look at the coursework for the actual undergraduate "Nutritional Sciences" major I'm pretty sure it's all just the usual. =P

So if you think you'll want to get involved in some undergraduate research or independent study on nutrition, find a school that has the major you want (anthropology in this case) but also has a quality nutrition department. I'm sure the nutrition faculty would be happy to work with you once they see you're passionate about the subject.

atticus_mathers is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How hard is BioChem to get into? To be honest, I hear Robb Wolf going on and it is a little intimidating. The last science class I took was in high school and that was eight years ago.

I'm more interested in the social/cultural side of it so I gues I'll stick to anthropology and as science classes are required I'll make it biochem.

So, besides Cornell, any other good schools that offer online classes?