Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New To Paleo. Got some questions :) page 4

Rookie44 is offline Junior Member
    Great Info everybody! I have no trouble with Dairy, but I've cut out completely accept for butter. It's good to know that I can get some organic Half/Half and some raw real cane sugar for my coffee. I don't need much, just enough to take the edge off. The "Oils" is a field that I haven't even stepped into yet. Well, accept the obvious one such as Vegetable oil. But, Seed oils, Soy oils, Olive oils, and Palm oils are all new to me, as far as Paleo goes, and I don't really know anything about them yet. I noticing that Soy oil is in everything!! I read a thread on here about making your own Mayo. I can't wait to give that a try.

pollo_la is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EMonger View Post
    For coconut oil, you use liquid? I have a solid that liquifies on the stove.
    Yep, get it into liquid form first.

Quote Originally Posted by pollo_la View Post
    Yep, get it into liquid form first.
    its the same thing. it is solid when its 76 degrees or colder. liquid when its warmer.

pollo_la is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    its the same thing. it is solid when its 76 degrees or colder. liquid when its warmer.
    Yes! It's getting so hot here lately that mine is actually starting to melt in the cupboard - my coconut oil is actually my gage of "how hot a day" we are having. When it starts melting then I know it's really getting up there!! :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234