Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eczema page

firetiger is offline Senior Member

Eczema

Primal Fuel
    One of the reasons I decided to go primal & particularly cut out grains was in hope that my eczema would disappear. I have been primal for about two months now & it's still pretty terrible. I developed it about 2 years ago (I'm 26) and had it under control then it resurfaced earlier this year & is now on my hands . It drives me crazy & is quite frankly embarrassing. I currently have Hylatopic cream, acetonamide (sp?) ointment & aquaphor regimen prescribed by my dermatologist. It's not helping that much. Any ideas?
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried cutting out diary as well?

firetiger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleodutch View Post
    Have you tried cutting out diary as well?
    Yes, I've cut out all dairy except pasture butter in small amounts occasionally.
    Aren't we all just works in progress?

Using primal as a tool to heal depression/anxiety & promote overall well-being:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84615.html

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Yes, dairy is very often the culprit. It was in my case. Eliminating wheat had no effect. Eliminating dairy cleared it up, along with several daily topical applications of acv.

Techie is offline Member
    I have some minor keratin pilaris on the backs of my arms that has yet to go away, but I've read anecdotal tales that it can with paleo.

Interestingly, I am working at a Epithelial And Keratinization weeklong conference.

CrystalLaughlin is offline Junior Member
    Hello,

My name is Crystal Laughlin and I am a representative of SBT Seabuckthorn, a Canadian manufacturer of high quality, Health Canada approved nutritional supplements and all natural skin care products. Upon reviewing your post and noting that the regime your dermatologist recommended hasn’t been helping that much I would like to recommend to you our SBT Seabuckthorn Eczema & Dermatitis Soothing Salve with the expectation that it will not only relieve itching but heal your skin. This all natural Soothing Salve has shown great results in adults and children alike due to its anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and anti-microbial properties. If you would like any further information please visit our website at www.seabuckthorn.com/eczemasalve.htm and if you have any further questions please feel free to e-mail me crystal@seabuckthorn.com .

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Crystal Laughlin
    SBT Seabuckthorn

I have been wondering the same thing. I've had eczema on and off since middle school, always in the same areas (my shins and ankles). The ONLY thing that has ever worked is an adhesive tape with potent steroids. It's not a permanent fix but it does help significantly. The only OTC thing I have tried that helps as well is Aveeno for eczema. I realize that's just working on the symptoms and not the underlying cause, but before I tried Primal it never occurred to me that there even WAS an underlying cause. I have never tried cutting out dairy completely (no cream in my coffee?! I'm not hardcore enough for bulletproof yet). I don't know how to go about that -- how long does it take before you can conclude it did or didn't make a difference? Hoping some smart MDA people will have some good advice for you.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    It seems that dairy is a possible culprit for me, wheat as well. All I can say is my eczema is better now on a mostly wheat and dairy free diet, than when I was eating dairy and wheat freely.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I think you may need to do more of an elimination diet to try and find the culprit, an allergy test could help. Given you have already done dairy then I would suggest eggs. I also like a good AHA cream. I find it works better than the traditional eczema creams out there for me, with the occasional hydrocortisone for flare-ups.
    Last edited by Silvergirl; 07-17-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

walshy454 is offline Junior Member
    I have suffered with eczema for 50 years but I am currently eczema free on Primal, however when I first started my eczema flared up and when I gave up dairy it didn't change. The relief for me was when I started eating grass fed butter in large quantities, I have a butter coffee every morning which has cured my skin and my eyes are clearer and less itchy. It is so interesting how different we all are. I hope you find your cure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast