Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oestrogen dominance page 3

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    this is reeaaaaallly fascinating discussion and article link. I've often thought hormones had much to do w/ some symptoms but my CW Primary DR is adamant that the thyroid is fine and thus, ignores my other queries. Now that I've learned to interpret my cholesterol numbers (thanks Griff!) I'll start learning more about this and see where the info takes me.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I was low progesterone which I discovered via fertility charting. From there, I followed a lot of Susun Weed's wisdom in several of her books, which helped immensely. She has some great teas that you drink daily. It did a lot for me.

As well as things like cold water rinses after showers, and doing shoulder stand series (in iyengar's appendixes).

Also, increasing my cholesterol was probably a part of it. My family has a history of low cholesterol, and I came off of veganism (due to very low cholesterol), and then just worked to increase those numbers. Helped a lot.

I don't have the issue anymore (low progesterone). Everything is nice and balanced, and I have a very clear (easy to read, obvious ovulation, very 'textbook') cycle now.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I was low progesterone which I discovered via fertility charting. From there, I followed a lot of Susun Weed's wisdom in several of her books, which helped immensely. She has some great teas that you drink daily. It did a lot for me.

As well as things like cold water rinses after showers, and doing shoulder stand series (in iyengar's appendixes).

Also, increasing my cholesterol was probably a part of it. My family has a history of low cholesterol, and I came off of veganism (due to very low cholesterol), and then just worked to increase those numbers. Helped a lot.

I don't have the issue anymore (low progesterone). Everything is nice and balanced, and I have a very clear (easy to read, obvious ovulation, very 'textbook') cycle now.
    Didn't you used to be vegan too YB? Might be a factor.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the recomms! I'll try the cold rinses and check out her book and tea.

My cholesterol is huge though, so no fear of me there. My issue is that I don't seem to be converting...

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Didn't you used to be vegan too YB? Might be a factor.
    Being vegan is definitely oestrogen promoting. I know so many men who've gone vegan and as the years have passed, have become increasingly... feminine? It's incredible really.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    depends a lot about how your cholesterol is balanced, too.

depends a lot about how your cholesterol is balanced, too.
    You mean in terms of ratios?

Total Cholesterol: 354
    LDL: 229
    HDL: 108
    Trigs: 83

Apparently those ratios are good...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I'm not sure what the root cause of my problem was, just that I was going through peri-menopause and it was absolutely hellish. Lots of bleeding for more than a week and very large clots - it was pretty much making my life unlivable because I couldn't spend more than 20 or 30 minutes away from a bathroom for probably half the month. Same thing that my mom went through back in the 80s, and she ended up with a hysterectomy.

My doc was planning on doing an endometrial ablation (basically cauterizing the uterus) but I needed a couple of tests first. In the mean time, I did some of my own research, started using a very small amount of bio-identical progesterone cream (Kokoro Balance Creme is a great quality brand) and my periods and moods were dramatically improved within just a few days.

The next time I saw the doctor, I mentioned it, and he said another doctor in his practice had seen the same results with the Mirena progesterone IUD, which was covered by insurance and easily removed if it didn't work. I've had one ever since.

If you go the progesterone cream route, make sure you get a good one. I ran out of the Kokoro cream once and had to order more online. Until it arrived, I used another brand, thinking they were all the same. They're not. My symptoms came back in a couple of days, then disappeared when I started using the Kokoro brand again. I doubt it's the only good one, just one that I know IS good.

Also, don't use too much. You're only supposed to use a small amount and rotate where you rub it in. Too much is definitely NOT a good thing.
    Thanks for all the info Rita Rose! I'll check out that cream.

- Ray Peat

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    My progesterone cream is compounded, bio-identical, from my pharmacist. Comes in this really neat click container that dispenses the perfect amount.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Read Ray Peat. I've found relief from using progesterone and aspirin and drastically reducing polyunsaturated fats. Eating adequate carbs from sugar and fruit also seems key, as well as the carrot salad which helps balance hormones and reduce excess estrogen:
    Hair Like A Fox // Carrot Salad - YouTube

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I've found relief from using progesterone and aspirin and drastically reducing polyunsaturated fats.
    Ironically, aspirin gives me a migraine.

But I do love my progesterone.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast