Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oestrogen dominance page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    My point was, don't go taking it unless the situation *really* warrants it.

The fact that guys who take steroids also take aromatase inhibitors isn't really a good reason to take one. One unhealthy action to try to correct the side effects of another. Why is this relevant?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    I think I have always had low progesterone, oestrogen dominance. I had 3 miscarriages before having my 3 kids, For my 4th pregnancy I started progesterone injections, which made me feel much better straight away. I was a while conceiving for the 4th too, so was put onto Clomid......brutal stuff, made me lose my marbles, couldn't think straight, forgot everything, felt like I was in a warp of some kind. But I did get pregnant.

I am now severely estrogen dominant again and am using progesterone cream. My two sisters have had breast cancer, and I am having pretty strong hot flashes/night sweats. Not sure it is helping much though.

Sorry, don't know of any alternative treatments though. Interested to see if anything comes up though.
    Thanks for the info Silvergirl Hope this isn't too personal to ask, but when do you think this started? Do you believe in the correlation between emotions and health? The reason I ask is cos' I'm sure some of my previous life experiences have directly contributed to sex hormone malfunctions.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I was only 21 at my first miscarriage. I think it is just the way I am. Genetic probably as oddly enough my Mum couldn't carry boys, she also had 3 miscarriages, and they say that boys need more progesterone (maybe an old wives tale, but interesting). I don't think it had anything to do with any experiences. Very few boys in our whole family. Mum had 4 girls, and the offspring was 10 girls to 2 boys, and injections were given for those two.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My point was, don't go taking it unless the situation *really* warrants it.

The fact that guys who take steroids also take aromatase inhibitors isn't really a good reason to take one. One unhealthy action to try to correct the side effects of another. Why is this relevant?
    Its relavent because, and i quote "YB, the stuff "Dr." Zach is blithely prescribing there is some serious medication. I took Arimidex for five years after breast cancer to help prevent a recurrence. I really wouldn't want to take it for anything less life threatening than that however.". Your condescending jab aside, these drugs are not serious medication when used correctly, under supervision. The fact that millions of males are using them successfully to manage estrogen is proof of this. Also i believe her situation really warrants some serious intervention, this would be a logical step.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Its relavent because, and i quote "YB, the stuff "Dr." Zach is blithely prescribing there is some serious medication. I took Arimidex for five years after breast cancer to help prevent a recurrence. I really wouldn't want to take it for anything less life threatening than that however.". Your condescending jab aside, these drugs are not serious medication when used correctly, under supervision. The fact that millions of males are using them successfully to manage estrogen is proof of this. Also i believe her situation really warrants some serious intervention, this would be a logical step.
    Great. Looking to steroid users for health advice. Got it.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Great. Looking to steroid users for health advice. Got it.
    There are many people using them for TRT. There goes your condescending attitude again.

FFS guys....

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    I was only 21 at my first miscarriage. I think it is just the way I am. Genetic probably as oddly enough my Mum couldn't carry boys, she also had 3 miscarriages, and they say that boys need more progesterone (maybe an old wives tale, but interesting). I don't think it had anything to do with any experiences. Very few boys in our whole family. Mum had 4 girls, and the offspring was 10 girls to 2 boys, and injections were given for those two.
    Aw, I'm sorry to hear that you and your mum miscarried so many times.... It's an interesting idea though, about boys needing more progesterone. I wonder if hormonal imbalances are genetic...
    Last edited by YogaBare; 05-12-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned

That's an amzing link Zach - thank you! The endo / gyni actually said I has the beginning of a growth in my womb, but it was nothing to worry about. I guess is it's a uterine fibroid.

I also got my Pregnenolone tested on Saturday. I'll get the result soon hopefully.

- Ray Peat

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Interesting... so did you have oestrogen dominance, and if so, how severe was the imbalance? I don't know a lot about it, but imagine that the more extreme the range is, the more severe the symptoms? Also, is it the kind of thing that gets worse with time if it's untreated?
    I'm not sure what the root cause of my problem was, just that I was going through peri-menopause and it was absolutely hellish. Lots of bleeding for more than a week and very large clots - it was pretty much making my life unlivable because I couldn't spend more than 20 or 30 minutes away from a bathroom for probably half the month. Same thing that my mom went through back in the 80s, and she ended up with a hysterectomy.

My doc was planning on doing an endometrial ablation (basically cauterizing the uterus) but I needed a couple of tests first. In the mean time, I did some of my own research, started using a very small amount of bio-identical progesterone cream (Kokoro Balance Creme is a great quality brand) and my periods and moods were dramatically improved within just a few days.

The next time I saw the doctor, I mentioned it, and he said another doctor in his practice had seen the same results with the Mirena progesterone IUD, which was covered by insurance and easily removed if it didn't work. I've had one ever since.

If you go the progesterone cream route, make sure you get a good one. I ran out of the Kokoro cream once and had to order more online. Until it arrived, I used another brand, thinking they were all the same. They're not. My symptoms came back in a couple of days, then disappeared when I started using the Kokoro brand again. I doubt it's the only good one, just one that I know IS good.

Also, don't use too much. You're only supposed to use a small amount and rotate where you rub it in. Too much is definitely NOT a good thing.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast