Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Best martial art? page 9

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    to quote mike Tyson "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." the second you get your nose broken and your eyes tear up so bad you can't see anything, and the blood is running down your face, your bullshit throat taps and soaring eagle techniques go out the window. then its put up or shut up, and unless you've done some serious full-contact sparring, you are shit out of luck.
    Yep.

wilton, promise me you'll never go looking for a fight.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    Yep.

wilton, promise me you'll never go looking for a fight.
    Screw that! Wilton, promise us you WILL, and will wear a GoPro and upload the video here!

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    I love internet discussions about martial arts.

I saw them on gaming forums, nutrition forums, film forums, news articles and even actual martial arts forums and its exactly the same every single time.

heres how it works:
    Someone starts with the OPs question, then in no particular order you will get these answers:
    - BJJ/Grappling
    - Boxing/kickboxing/muay thai
    - some obscure random martial art used by the mysterious monks of derpistan while protecting lord xenu (therefore awesome)

-> "BUT YOU CANT GRAPPLE AGAINST MORE THAN ONE GUY"
    -> "LOL THESE FIGHTING SPORTS DONT USE THE _REAL_ TECHNIQUES TO KILL PEOPLE" (see mysterious monks for more info)
    -> "IF YOU DONT DO SPARRING YOU DONT STAND A CHANCE"
    -> "GTFO IM A (insert special force of your choice here) ITS ALL SHIT"
    -> "IF YOU MONGOLOIDS FIGHT AGAINST MORE THAN ONE GUY CHANCES ARE YOU GET FUCKED ANYWAY SO BETTER RUN"

the bunch of text behind the "->" is sometimes considered an argument by lesser humans as seen in this thread.

quikky is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    I love internet discussions about martial arts.

I saw them on gaming forums, nutrition forums, film forums, news articles and even actual martial arts forums and its exactly the same every single time.

heres how it works:
    Someone starts with the OPs question, then in no particular order you will get these answers:
    - BJJ/Grappling
    - Boxing/kickboxing/muay thai
    - some obscure random martial art used by the mysterious monks of derpistan while protecting lord xenu (therefore awesome)

-> "BUT YOU CANT GRAPPLE AGAINST MORE THAN ONE GUY"
    -> "LOL THESE FIGHTING SPORTS DONT USE THE _REAL_ TECHNIQUES TO KILL PEOPLE" (see mysterious monks for more info)
    -> "IF YOU DONT DO SPARRING YOU DONT STAND A CHANCE"
    -> "GTFO IM A (insert special force of your choice here) ITS ALL SHIT"
    -> "IF YOU MONGOLOIDS FIGHT AGAINST MORE THAN ONE GUY CHANCES ARE YOU GET FUCKED ANYWAY SO BETTER RUN"

the bunch of text behind the "->" is sometimes considered an argument by lesser humans as seen in this thread.
    There's also that one poster that thinks he's above it all and has nothing useful to add to the discussion, yet decides to contribute anyways by climbing on his pedestal of superiority and mocking the others.

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    There's also that one poster that thinks he's above it all and has nothing useful to add to the discussion, yet decides to contribute anyways by climbing on his pedestal of superiority and mocking the others.
    Said person has more than likely never trained a day in his/her life

Nekron is offline Senior Member
    Believe whatever makes you sleep at night fatty, doesnt make your discussion the tiniest bit less pointless and retarded.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekron View Post
    Believe whatever makes you sleep at night fatty, doesnt make your discussion the tiniest bit less pointless and retarded.
    fatty? Who's fatty? quikky or not on the rug?

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    wilton, you're seriously unaware of what reality is in a hands on situation. its ok though. I know people like you. I've trained with people like you. I've worked with people like you.

to quote mike Tyson "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." the second you get your nose broken and your eyes tear up so bad you can't see anything, and the blood is running down your face, your bullshit throat taps and soaring eagle techniques go out the window. then its put up or shut up, and unless you've done some serious full-contact sparring, you are shit out of luck.
    I have been in real fights too. I've competed in sport martial arts too.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    How many different flavors of death touches do I need to see to know that they're all bullshit? If you can't practice it against a non-compliant opponent, you won't pull it off against an actual attacker. Just admit that you wear tabi and do ninjer rolls in the dark to practice your "stealth."

I get that it makes you feel important to walk around thinking you know some secret pressure point combination that makes peoples' organs disintegrate. Problem is that people don't walk around with their chin up, legs wide, and hands at their side. So like I said, your combination dick chop/throat kick/back-elbow-to-the-pressure-point-behind-the-earlobe is unlikely to ever be useful, no matter how many times you practice the kata.

LARPers like you tend to understand this very quickly after a couple of judo or jiu jitsu classes. Maybe you should see if there's a local school you can visit where they can point out how utterly silly you look with your kung fu dance moves. Just a suggestion.
    You're assuming what I'm talking about, Shou Shu, it's some flowery weird shit just because it's not mainstream. On the contrary, it has a rich history in the Central Valley of California. It's not known outside of that though. Shou Shu is very practical, similar to a Krav Maga type of strategy.

The difference between Krav Maga and Shou Shu essentially would be the difference between giving a person a bat who's never played baseball and getting them to swing versus giving the same man a bat and teaching him to get every last ounce of energy into then bat when it makes contact. That's one key concept of Shou Shu. They use centerline, shift of centerline, and bone alignment to achieve this. The Chinese concept here is called concentrated Chi.

Two more unique things about Shou Shu:
    -For two, a weapon is loaded for striking after every strike you make. Not only is your Chi concentrated, but it is constantly flowing.
    -For three, you learn 7 arts in one. Shou Shu translates to fighting beasts. You learn bear, crane, mongoose, tiger, dragon, cobra, and preying mantis. This allows you to know a far greater variety of strikes which can be used to take advantage of various body types, to cover weaknesses of any technique/style with another technique/style, and to simply be prepared for a wide variety of situations.

It's all very legit though it will will take more time to master than an intro to boxing. The difference is that boxing will largely be dependent on fighting an equal sized person if the skills are equal, and Shou Shu will not.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 05-29-2013 at 06:07 PM.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    You're assuming what I'm talking about, Shou Shu, it's some flowery weird shit just because it's not mainstream...you learn 7 arts in one. Shou Shu translates to fighting beasts. You learn bear, crane, mongoose, tiger, dragon, cobra, and preying mantis. This allows you to know a far greater variety of strikes which can be used to take advantage of various body types, to cover weaknesses of any technique/style with another technique/style, and to simply be prepared for a wide variety of situations.
    Dude. I'm spitting protein shakes out my nose reading this shit. Tell me you're not serious.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast