Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Best martial art? page 8

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    And regardless of what you think, your secret scrotum grabbing techniques won't work when you're mounted.
    Just to clarify, we're still talking about fighting right?

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    And to think... I mostly try to think up ways TO get stuck under 235lb meatbeasts.
    That could also be a valid self-defense strategy. Hide under the meat beast.

Hypothetically of course, being a "good girl" these days and all.
    This claim is as specious as wilton's.

Quote Originally Posted by quikky View Post
    Just to clarify, we're still talking about fighting right?
    You and I are. Wilton's talking about Ninjery and other awful LARPing behavior, which I can't condone in the least. And this was directed at him.

And of course, Cori's popping in to distract me from the issue at hand and otherwise mess up my entire mojo, which is one of her favorite hobbies.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    And to think... I mostly try to think up ways TO get stuck under 235lb meatbeasts.
    *gotta hang on to the dreams*
    Just keep your eyes wide shut and enjoy whatever comes your way...

Wilton's talking about Ninjery and other awful LARPing behavior, which I can't condone in the least. And this was directed at him.
    You sir, have obviously never been stricken by a level 7 lightning bolt.

wiltondeportes Guest
    You and I are. Wilton's talking about Ninjery and other awful LARPing behavior, which I can't condone in the least. And this was directed at him.

And of course, Cori's popping in to distract me from the issue at hand and otherwise mess up my entire mojo, which is one of her favorite hobbies.
    If am the LARPer in this equation, you're the dumbass jock who doesn't know what is out there.

*gotta hang on to the dreams*
    you always make me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    If am the LARPer in this equation, you're the dumbass jock who doesn't know what is out there.
    wilton, you're seriously unaware of what reality is in a hands on situation. its ok though. I know people like you. I've trained with people like you. I've worked with people like you.

to quote mike Tyson "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." the second you get your nose broken and your eyes tear up so bad you can't see anything, and the blood is running down your face, your bullshit throat taps and soaring eagle techniques go out the window. then its put up or shut up, and unless you've done some serious full-contact sparring, you are shit out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    How many different flavors of death touches do I need to see to know that they're all bullshit? If you can't practice it against a non-compliant opponent, you won't pull it off against an actual attacker. Just admit that you wear tabi and do ninjer rolls in the dark to practice your "stealth."

I get that it makes you feel important to walk around thinking you know some secret pressure point combination that makes peoples' organs disintegrate. Problem is that people don't walk around with their chin up, legs wide, and hands at their side. So like I said, your combination dick chop/throat kick/back-elbow-to-the-pressure-point-behind-the-earlobe is unlikely to ever be useful, no matter how many times you practice the kata.

LARPers like you tend to understand this very quickly after a couple of judo or jiu jitsu classes. Maybe you should see if there's a local school you can visit where they can point out how utterly silly you look with your kung fu dance moves. Just a suggestion.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How many different flavors of death touches do I need to see to know that they're all bullshit? If you can't practice it against a non-compliant opponent, you won't pull it off against an actual attacker. Just admit that you wear tabi and do ninjer rolls in the dark to practice your "stealth."

I get that it makes you feel important to walk around thinking you know some secret pressure point combination that makes peoples' organs disintegrate. Problem is that people don't walk around with their chin up, legs wide, and hands at their side. So like I said, your combination dick chop/throat kick/back-elbow-to-the-pressure-point-behind-the-earlobe is unlikely to ever be useful, no matter how many times you practice the kata.

LARPers like you tend to understand this very quickly after a couple of judo or jiu jitsu classes. Maybe you should see if there's a local school you can visit where they can point out how utterly silly you look with your kung fu dance moves. Just a suggestion.
    Is your Jiu Jitsu prepared to deal with this...

I thought so.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast