Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Best martial art? page 7

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You obviously don't know much about Pak Mei Quikky, I trained it for years never heard of that technique :-)

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    I never said it doesn't have to be practiced. I'm just saying full speed, full contact all the time is not necessary to learn the art.
    So rather than training, Live Action Role Play is sufficient to make you tEh DeAdlieZ? Or is there a special, magic dance you have to practice over and over a million times that does that for you?

You end fights quickly by throwing lots of very hard shots to weak parts of their body in a short amount of time.
    What exactly is this presumably bigger, stronger person going to be doing while you try to poke their eyes, punch their dick, karate-chop their trachea, and palm strike their solar plexis? Probably just stand there and let you?

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thriveful View Post
    You obviously don't know much about Pak Mei Quikky, I trained it for years never heard of that technique :-)
    Pai Mai is not an "it", it's a person. ...The Person:

pai_mei.jpg

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I never said it doesn't have to be practiced. I'm just saying full speed, full contact all the time is not necessary to learn the art.

You end fights quickly by throwing lots of very hard shots to weak parts of their body in a short amount of time.
    This is the same mentality I see in firearms training; the guy who thinks because he can go to a range and put a nice group of holes in a piece of paper 7 yards away he's ready for anything.

Versus someone like me who actually trains and rolls on the ground with someone trying to stab or shoot me while I try to stab or shoot them without getting stabbed or shot myself.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    So rather than training, Live Action Role Play is sufficient to make you tEh DeAdlieZ? Or is there a special, magic dance you have to practice over and over a million times that does that for you?

What exactly is this presumably bigger, stronger person going to be doing while you try to poke their eyes, punch their dick, karate-chop their trachea, and palm strike their solar plexis? Probably just stand there and let you?
    Size does not equate to striking power, for one. I'd compare it to a sport like baseball or golf in which some of the hardest hitters and throwers and relatively small. Why? They utilize the coiling of their hips and the moving of their centerline.

Pai Mei was the monk wasn't, he, one of the five ancestors who developed the Pai Mei (Pak Mei) system. Correct me if I'm wrong?

quikky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thriveful View Post
    Pai Mei was the monk wasn't, he, one of the five ancestors who developed the Pai Mei (Pak Mei) system. Correct me if I'm wrong?
    Not a Kill Bill fan, I see. Ok, look here:

List of Kill Bill characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah checked it out, we'll at least I got the style right.... Apologies. On the subject, I trained Pak Mei style for 7 years, I found it pretty damned awesome , very aggressive which I think is one of the essentials for a practical fighting system

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Size does not equate to striking power, for one. I'd compare it to a sport like baseball or golf in which some of the hardest hitters and throwers and relatively small. Why? They utilize the coiling of their hips and the moving of their centerline.
    Which of the hardest hitters and throwers in baseball are small exactly?

But you're right. I'd much rather get hit full-on by a heavyweight boxer than a featherweight

But regardless, what if the person attacking you is a normal human (rather than your fellow LARPer) and doesn't agree to stand 2.5 feet from you and exchange punches?

Because most people dont, especially big people picking on little people. He'll grab you and crush you against a car or chuck you to the ground and you'll have no idea how not to get stuck there because you haven't spent the hours trying to get out from under a 235 pound meatbeast. And regardless of what you think, your secret scrotum grabbing techniques won't work when you're mounted.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And to think... I mostly try to think up ways TO get stuck under 235lb meatbeasts.

Hypothetically of course, being a "good girl" these days and all.
    *gotta hang on to the dreams*
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast