Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I went a bit crazy with some Grok Stickers I made!! page 3

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I would so totally put one of these on my car. Maybe there's a way you could make them available for sale, somehow???
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Jeep80915 is offline Member
    Not gonna do that to Mark. Come to PrimalCon next year and I'll bring some for Mark to give to people, if he wants.

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Copyright in an artwork resides with its owner/creator unless explicitly made available for public use. Making some decals for your own use is something most artists would probably be okay with, especially as in this context, publicity is a good thing. However if I'm going to do any publicly-viewable stuff with art, even if it's creative commons, I try to ask the artist first as a courtesy.

Copyright can actually become quite a minefield. Displaying the work at all can be seen as advertising and technically breaches copyright regardless of intent. Just because it doesn't have a (c) sign plastered on it, I guarantee that design is copyrighted to Mark or/and the artist who created it for him. Unless it's Creative Commons. It might be an idea to ask him to arrange explicit permission for people to reproduce the image for personal use, just to avoid any issues.

Jeep, maybe Mark might make use of your expertise and come up with a merchandise deal!

I want 10!
    my Primal Journal: Journal

my FitDay: FitDay

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep80915 View Post
    Not gonna do that to Mark.
    Just to clarify, I did NOT mean distribute them without Mark's blessing and cooperation! I meant some type of partnership or agreement might be possible.
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123