Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stage III Adrenal Fatigue and the Primal Diet page 4

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muaythaimike View Post
    What is the software that reduces blue light emissions?
    It's called Flux.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    It's called Flux.
    Yep - that's the one I use too! I am pretty sure someone here recommended it to me.

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    How much B12 is recommended? I am taking 1000mg of pantothenic acid, plus a B-50, at the moment.

This is me ""There is a little known spoonie phenomena called "adrenaline flood." When your body just can't take any more but you need to get on, fight or flight responses, formed over millennia, flood your body with adrenaline to take the place of the energy that "normal" people rely on. My hands started to shake uncontrollably, my heart raced and jumped in my ribcage, everything seemed clearer and sharper." (from the Dairy of a benefit scrounger blog). I would like to never do that to myself but it's just not always possible to avoid is it. When I am crying because I have to go upstairs for something, or wishing I could get ill so I can have a day in bed, I now I've gone waaay too far!
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muaythaimike View Post
    What is the software that reduces blue light emissions?
    F.lux: software to make your life better
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

muaythaimike is offline Senior Member
    Thanks guys!!!
    "My mom made two dishes: Take it or Leave it." -- Stephen Wright, comedian

cjnovus is offline Junior Member
    All this being said, I would be interested in any information about the Primal Diet and Adrenal Fatigue.

StoneCutter is offline Banned
    Second post on the forums here and thanks all of you above who have struggled with and/or overcome adrenal burnout, you give me hope because I am smack in the middle of it now.

Quote Originally Posted by cjnovus View Post
    All this being said, I would be interested in any information about the Primal Diet and Adrenal Fatigue.
    All I can offer at this point is that I continuously tweaked my diet and behavior to try to optimize for my own adrenal burnout, over the past two months. I was gobsmacked to find MDA about four days ago because I was 90% there with the Primal Blueprint (was still eating some rice and quinois pasta). This includes going to sleep at 9pm.

I'm confused by some of the posts I've seen on the forum and in comments about carbs vs. protein causing cortisol jags. I can tell you from personal experience it was the fruit, fruit juices etc. that were killing my adrenals at the end. I thought I was being healthy! So now I try to factor in the glycemic index of anything I'm eating. And it tends to put me right in the sweet spot (no pun intended) of PB: fats, protein, veggies.

Hope it's helpful.

patski is offline Senior Member
    I'm positive I've had AF for years now; it would explain my inability to get a good, restful sleep. I cannot tell you when I last slept well and actually woke up feeling refreshed.

For nearly half my life, I've also had a pouch of fat below my belly button. I've recently done some research into this, and now know this is common for most women. But it's a cortisol issue. Bam. The dots have been connected! I think my cortisol is probably at it's highest before bedtime.

I just bought some ashwagandha supps. Supposed to boost the immune system, and help with cortisol. I took one yesterday during lunch at work, and felt a big boost in my energy levels about an hour later. I was really surprised. I'll keep at it and keep ya'll posted
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    I think this may be my issue as I've been exhausted and dizzy with hypotension for about 4 years now. Seems that nobody can agree on how to effectivly heal the adrenals though? Don't really have the time or money to work with a doctor on all of this. Looks like I need to take some vitamins to help? So frustrated with my exhaustion that everything is overwhelming.

jsnyder05 is offline Junior Member

Afs

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    I think this may be my issue as I've been exhausted and dizzy with hypotension for about 4 years now. Seems that nobody can agree on how to effectivly heal the adrenals though? Don't really have the time or money to work with a doctor on all of this. Looks like I need to take some vitamins to help? So frustrated with my exhaustion that everything is overwhelming.
    I too have adrenal fatigue and it's tough. The primal diet helped me feel 10x better over the course of a few months. But depending on the stage of adrenal fatigue you are at you might not be able to get better with out supplements. I for example am at stage 3B (Adrenal Exhaustion) you need glandular products along with a full course of vitamins. (Expensive) but they all definitely do help. It's a long term battle for most.

Check out these resources and I would get both of these doctors books. Dr. Lam's book is the best!

DrLamŽ - Body. Mind. NutritionŽ
    Adrenal Fatigue | Stress Supplements | Adrenal Fatigue Symptoms

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast