Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stage III Adrenal Fatigue and the Primal Diet page 2

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Annie!
    It's very possible to develop allergies from adrenal fatigue. I have seasonal allergies and I think it's related to adrenal fatigue because they have been less severe the more energetic I feel (which tells me I must be making more cortisol:-)
    It's also possible to develop leaky gut and food sensitivities from adrenal fatigue. I don't have too many of those, thank goodness (just soy and certain dairy but not all dairy). I've reversed previous sensitivities (like wheat- not that I would eat that now, LOL!) but the dairy one remains, so I suspect it's more genetic.

BTW- I always felt worse in general after eating bananas. Not only is the sugar bad for adrenal fatigue but the potassium can be problematic, since the lack of aldosterone production lets potassium build up as sodium depletes. I was so happy to discover how helpful salty water on hot days was- I formerly would get heat-fatigued to the point of having to lay down to recover (I felt like SUCH a wuss!) but no more! Just give me some salty water with a twist of lime and I'm good!

AutumnP is offline Senior Member
    Annie... The link to a cheaper price for Dr. Wilson's formula would be fab -- thanks!

hazyjane.... The salt with lime sounds like it'd be a great bevvie for hot summer days. I've got a ton of mint in my garden, too, so maybe I'll try adding some of that, too -- a virgin, primal, adrenal-nurturing mojito!

Thanks to both of you for the information -- really appreciate it.

Annie1962 is offline Member
    Thanks you guy for the info, it all makes sense.....Autumn here is the link naturalhealthyconcepts.com or
    920-886-7500 I have been getting the large 150 caplets to last me more than a month....

Let me know how it goes...

Annie

Ave
    Ave is offline Junior Member

Exclamation less expensive Dr. Wilson's suppls

Quote Originally Posted by Annie1962 View Post
    Oh! I wanted to tell you, I am not sure who you bought Dr. Wilson's formula from but if you are interested I am getting it much cheaper than from his site. Let me know and I will give you the link...

Annie
    Annie, can you please send me the link to order dr wilson's suppls cheaper than on the website. I used to get them somewhere, need to start them again, but need that discount, thank you!!

LucyBlue is offline Junior Member
    Hi All,

I just found this forum through a google. I'm in the UK and have had AF identified by a nutrishionist after approx 10 years of symptoms. It's been so long i can't remember what feeling well is like... I have been making some progress though but I'm in a bit of a funk atm partly because of the change of season I think.
    I'm taking Dynamite Adrenal daily and vit C too. I've just this week added siberian ginseng and an extra dose of chromium & vit c later in the day.
    I do work full time but thankfully manage my own diary so my job is very felxible.
    I miss; yoga, running, my friends, going out, having a drink with my pals and feeling like i can handle daily life (why is getting a letter into the post box so difficult?).
    I'm have cut out caffiene since the spring (i drink green tea though) and i cut out sweets n choc for ages but the last few months i've slipped back down that slope again, which may explain my relapse. Chocolate is an extra prob because it is a stimulant that exhausts the adrenals in addition to any caffiene; so if u think high % choc is better for low carb/low sugar diet then that is the case but with AF you have the added prob of cocoa being an additional burden on the adrenals.
    I find one of my biggest problems is the fact that doctors won't acknowledge it so I can't really explain it to work or some other people. Most of my good friends understand that i've finallly found the answer to my 'illness' but others (family...) really havn't engaged with it.
    I have very low blood pressure and have had for ages.
    My diet is quite high carb so I feel like i should make more changes but i don't really feel like i have the energy to change atm so I'm working towards that...

How are you all? It was a while since you posted. If you want to start up some chat again that would be nice.
    All the best & happy holidays :0) LucyBlue

splunky is offline Senior Member
    I alos have pretty severe adrenal fatigue. Diagnosed after almost 15 yrs of symptoms and being told I am fine and handed a prescription for anti depressants, which I never took! Then I was diagnosed at age 19 with fibromyalgia, which turns out was just leaky gut, as described in an earlier post, with many food allergies, including wheat!
    I also went raw vegan to heal all that ailed me. Little did i know it was so bad for me! It healed my leaky gut and a few other things, but not my adrenals. So, here I am trying to find my way eating Primal. It certainly took me a while to start eating meat again after being vegan, but now I absolutely LOVE a juicy steak!
    Anyway, would love to keep chatting about this, and how primal is helping!

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member

Wow

I'm really glad I came across this thread - I'm pretty sure I was guided here.... It's 4:15 am at the moment and I am awake while I should be sleeping. This is nothing new, but my problem is somewhat inescapable at the moment. I'm a nurse and I work nightshift, so yesterday's whopping 2.5hours of sleep after getting off work in the morning was enough to only allow me 3 hours of sleep last night. I work three 12 hour shifts a week from 7pm til 7:30 am (often later) and have worked nightshift pretty steadily (not always full time, though) for a good 14 years now. It has really messed with me, but the primal route has helped immensely with many issues.

I know my adrenals are a mess. Im eager to read from the links here to find out what I can do to take care of them and hopefully have more normal adrenal function in the future. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I do know that the first order of business is to GET SOME SLEEP....................!!

Have any of you taken sleep aids when you simply cannot sleep? I take Valerian root and L-tryptophan when I have to take something. Should I be taking anything at all? What should I NOT take?

Thanks in advance.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

janagram is offline Senior Member
    I have had such trouble sleeping that I finally asked my doc and she prescribed Sonata, a sleep aid that is not an allnighter, but rather works for a couple hrs. Ideal for those times when you wake up after 3 hrs of sleep and just know you need a couple (or 3 or 4) more. Just take the pill and go back to sleep. It's better than getting into serious sleep deprivation.

strom is offline Senior Member
    So how do you fix the addrenals? I never did finish his book.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janagram View Post
    I have had such trouble sleeping that I finally asked my doc and she prescribed Sonata, a sleep aid that is not an allnighter, but rather works for a couple hrs. Ideal for those times when you wake up after 3 hrs of sleep and just know you need a couple (or 3 or 4) more. Just take the pill and go back to sleep. It's better than getting into serious sleep deprivation.

That's exactly the type of thing I need for emergencies. The Valerian root supp and L-tryptophan do seem to help, but I need a backup for when it gets really bad. My schedule is so flip-floppy, my body is in a constant state of confusion and I'd say at the very LEAST runs on adrenaline 50% of the time.

My plan for now is to focus on the sleep issue as a priority and everything else is on the back burner. I'll still workout as much as I'm able to and eat primally like I usually do, but if the sleep doesn't happen, the workouts will have to wait.....
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast