Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - 1-1/2 years into it! page 2

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sunday, my favorite.

Bulletproof coffee first (with whipped cream)

Finished that, a couple chores then breakfast:
    2-egg omelet. First, thank you Mark Sisson for posting a how-to on omelettes, which I read early on in this happy trip. Good omelettes had always eluded my pan, but no more! Today I used coconut milk in with the eggs, a bit of salt and pepper, and a generous dollop of local, raw honey. I use a mixer to entrain a lot of air with the eggs so the omelette is fluffy. Cooked in coconut oil, then once flipped I put sharp cheddar on and then a layer of chopped fresh kale. Folded it, turned the heat down, 1:45 minutes with a lid on.

Served with fresh salsa. Yum!

Finishing breakfast with a bowl of blueberries, raspberries and coconut milk, washed down with a big glass of water.

Then, let's see. Dog play time (probably throw the pipe around too); vacuum (weekly chore, keep the dog hair down to a low fog), work on my Jeep a bit, mow the front yard, go work out (some karate and then weights), grill some chicken and make a BA salad from my garden's greens for dinner. More dog play interspersed in there, watering the garden, box jumps (kind of) over the garden fence (who uses a gate, really?).

Y'all have a nice day, y'hear?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

BZM
    I've taken to turning off the display on my digital clock radio/iPod dock. It's a blue thing, and has three brightness settings. During the day the lowest setting is insufficient for viewing; at night it's bright enough to illuminate the room. I sleep most summer evenings with the slider open but with a "rape stick" that keeps it from fully opening. I'm kind of out in the country, so I'm not too worried about home invasions, but I keep a loaded pistol handy anyway. It may seem like I've digressed, but truly, Your Honor, I'll come to the point.

The clock interface not only provides illumination for me to see the room, but for the interested observer to see me. Paranoid? I don't know, but I read too many Louis L'Amour books as a boy I guess. I wouldn't want to give any advantage to an intruder. I'd hope my dogs would awaken me, but I have stepped over and around them without waking them up. To me, part of being Primal is being aware.

Anyway, so the display is off; I'm tired from a good Primal day, and I sleep like a rock. Alarm goes off, I hit snooze without awakening. It goes off again, this time I hit snooze and am awake. I start to wonder exactly what time it is, so I decide to split the difference: a few minutes early, or a few minutes late.

Yep, late.

See ya!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

BZM
    Thought I might have something to say today...but, sadly, no. Go read Groktimus Primal's journal if you're interested in interesting stuff.

Have a good day!

Androiding it via the MDA app.

BZM
    Made a smoothie tonight after karate class: 1 cup coconut milk; handful of blueberries, handful of raspberries, some raw honey, a banana, 2 Tbsp protein powder (a milk/egg mix, yay no whey), 1/4 cup almond butter, 1/4 cup water, 1 Tbsp coconut oil. Yum!

BZM
    IF day. Smoothie last night, bulletproof coffee this morning, karate practice and bodyweight workout.

Standup workstation's going great...every morning my boss comes in and asks (rhetorically), "Still standing?"

BZM
    Yesterday's fast was fairly successful. I'm not sure I should fast all day, given my activity level. By evening, before dinner, I was draggin' a**.

Broke the fast with a nice plump burger patty, kosher dills and some stone-ground mustard. With a Big-A** salad made from greens from the garden (sorry, store-bought tomatoes still). And a glass of coconut milk. And some dark choc before bed.

This morning, normal breakfast. I'm curious about the energy levels today.

Changed my sig today with the coolest post I've seen yet, from the "conversations about fat with non-PB-ers" thread. Good post, Steve!
    --
    "If people were as cavalier in giving financial advice as they are nutrition advice they would likely get a Primal Knuckle Sandwich."

Steve

BZM
    I feel so much better today. Lots of good food, and I'm looking forward to some mussels and whatever else I can come up with to go with them for dinner.

I have sprints scheduled for this evening's workout. I'll throw the pipe to the end of the field, pick it up and run like I've stolen another tribe's treasure, then back again. Unfortunately I only have myself and the dogs (who don't understand!) to play with tonight. I could make it so much more interesting with a workout partner.

One of these Saturday morning karate classes, we'll be going to a friend's house to practice. This property has a vineyard on it, nice orderly rows of vines and manicured turf between. I'm supposed to lead the class, so I think I'll have a "sprint and fight" session. Here's my theory:

Divide the group in two, one bunch at each end of the vineyard (it's about 70 yards long). One group has some heavy but carryable object (sandbag, pipe, bucket). One person from the group without the object runs to the other end, engages in a supervised sparring match (2 minutes only), then picks up the heavy object and runs back to his original group. 10 seconds after he leaves, one person from the other group chases him down. Person 2 engages in a sparring match (with someone else), then grabs the object and runs back to his own group...and it continues.

Depending on the condition of the turf and participants, we might substitute some groundwork instead of typical free sparring.

I'll bet we can burn an hour and several thousand calories AND mix Primal with karate!

BZM
    Just made, and ate, the mussels, using this recipe:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84975-2.html

O.M.G. that was good.

That is all. Good night!

BZM
    B: 3 pc bacon, 2 basted eggs, banana with almond butter, coffee with butter and whipped cream.
    L: hamburger patty w/kosher dills, BBQ sauce and sharp cheddar cheese. 'Nother cuppa joe (no butter).
    S: a few habanero almonds (my weakness...ok one of my weaknesses)
    D: Steelhead salmon spiced with this'n'that and basted with coconut oil/lime juice. Tossed a bit of cinnamon on...yum. Steamed broccoli. Club soda..
    S. Raspberries & blueberries with coconut milk. 2 squares of 85% dark choc.

Exercise: karate class, then lots of yard work. Mowed, trimmed bushes, removed a dead bush, washed the outside windows, bit 'o gardening. Played with the dogs.

Grateful for the day..
    --
    "If people were as cavalier in giving financial advice as they are nutrition advice they would likely get a Primal Knuckle Sandwich.

Steve"

BZM
    PrimalCon New York
    Did my first coconut yesterday. It was fun, piercing, draining, then cracking it around with a heavy knife, then sampling the water and meat.

Ick. Horrible. I'd better learn how to pick out good coconuts!
    --
    "If people were as cavalier in giving financial advice as they are nutrition advice they would likely get a Primal Knuckle Sandwich.

Steve"
    Last edited by BZM; 05-27-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast