Dear All,

I'm writing this as a final plea to the communities I follow for direction.

The long and short of it: I'm 22 years old, 180 pounds, 5'4, and I've struggled all my life with my weight. I know many men, or even some women, won't understand why that even though my journey with Paleo/Keto/Whole food eating changes have changed my life and health as measured by my blood tests, I have not lost much weight, and this matters greatly to me.

I have tried everything, for many years, from high fat/low carb/low protein to moderate fat/low carb/moderate protein, to even low fat and vegan and vegetarian diets in my younger years - all of which were unsuccessful. I have counted calories, I have exercised daily, weekly, have done hiit, weight lifting, body by science training - everything (obviously separately and for appropriate test lengths). I have tried all these things for months at a time, and some years at a time.

I want to stress that I am not lazy, not unwilling to try anything, or am without motivation to stick with things and be uncomfortable. I am not uninformed either - I have religiously read up and studied everyone from Mark Sisson to Dave Asprey to Lyle McDonald to Sally Fallon to Martin Berkhan and many, many more. I understand the science, and have counselled people who have implemented a fraction of what I have done and have seen results. I do not eat fucking donuts, I do not sit on my ass, I do not ask questions that I have not already at length researched myself.

My relationships and life are very impacted by my weight, and I am at a point in my life where I am beyond frustrated and finished with being overweight. If this means that I need to venture into unhealthy means to lose weight (ie. not eating) I will do so. This is my final ask for direction, and if nothing works I will be taking drastic actions.

Some background information: I am mixed race (Native American and Eastern European), I have been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, I have had chronically high triglycerides and cholesterol counts, my GP has said my blood tests all appear normal. I accumulate fat around my midsection. I have insomnia. I have suffered from depression and anxiety. On my Native American side most of the family is obese, though none of them really have tried to lose weight or are passionate about their health. On my Eastern European side most of my family is of normal weight, but have a history of cancers and heart disease. All of my immediate family on the exact same diet have lost weight, improved their blood panels, and have gained muscle.

Please, please help.