Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Plea For Help - Desperate, Confused, and Giving Up page 2

Maria is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Annlee View Post
    I second the recommendation for walks. My reasoning is a little different, though. Stress is a great neutralizer of otherwise working protocols. You are clearly stressed about this, and truly, relaxing and taking a longer view may be a key to unlock things for you. A daily walk in fresh air can help heal the stress. Relax and breathe deeply of fresh air. Mark calls it forest bathing - for me, it's fresh air and sunshine. Heal the stress and then the rest may well follow.
    I live near a forest and walk 6km daily, and agree it is a great stress relief. As for weight loss, it seems to not be a huge help.

Also, I don't worry about weight loss constantly, and have been patiently operating with the belief for almost 5 years that if I took care of my body in feeding it correctly, supplementing my food with good vitamins, exercising in ways that don't overstress my body, and trying to love myself - being as overweight as I am speaks to my thinking that I have something very wrong with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenview View Post
    Maria, for more background: have you examined leaky gut healing? Have you been tested for Hashimoto's?

You mentioned several ways of eating, but are you just desperate for weight loss, or do you want victory over your health? I used to be focused on losing weight, but I needed to change my perspective to seeking to heal my body. I haven't completely done that, but I'm having some progress while losing some weight. I expect it to take quite a bit of time.
    I have not been tested for leaky gut or hashimotos.

As for focusing on losing weight, I've assumed that if I ate correctly and exercised correctly my weight would correct itself. Thus, if I'm not losing weight despite the fact that I am in fact doing everything possible to be healthy then yes I do believe there is something wrong with me. I'm not "just trying to lose weight", but I am concerned that the fact that I'm not responding to things that objectively, scientifically, biologically I should be responding to is a problem that should be recognized.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    How many calories are you eating? I know it sounds like you eat to satiety. But ummm, if some of us did that we'd be fat. For reference for me to lose weight, I need to be at about 1600 calories a day, macros not important for me. I am fairly active- now I do crossfit 4x a week and previously did HIIT 2-3 times a week, plus walking, riding etc.

Sometimes, above all, calories also matter and you may be the unfortunate side of the metabolism.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Zach is offline Banned
    I recommend a high carb/low fat/medium protein 60/10/30~. Mostly fruit, potatoes, red meat, shellfish and dairy.

The diet you are on now is only going to exacerbate your issues, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    How many calories are you eating? I know it sounds like you eat to satiety. But ummm, if some of us did that we'd be fat. For reference for me to lose weight, I need to be at about 1600 calories a day, macros not important for me. I am fairly active- now I do crossfit 4x a week and previously did HIIT 2-3 times a week, plus walking, riding etc.

Sometimes, above all, calories also matter and you may be the unfortunate side of the metabolism.
    Caloric reduction was a focus of mine for about a year a few years ago and I tested many protocols ranging from a 1800 calorie intakes, to 1500 calorie intakes, to a brief 700 per day intake on Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Protocol.

The most effective (without the mental health issues I experienced with 700 per week on the RFLP) was 1500 calories with a half pound of weight loss per week for 5 weeks before a plateau, and a further pound after 4 weeks, before stalling. I reduced my calories by 200 after that and experienced no weight loss for 3 months. I increased my caloric intake after that because of health reasons including relapse of depression, loss of menstrual cycles, and strength declines paired with the mathematically baffling weight loss. After that, I figured that weight loss would likely not come from obsessively tracking calories.

Occasionally I plug in a sample day of what I eat and I usually average around 1800 calories.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried alternate day intermittent fasting yet (ie JUDDD)? If not I'd highly recommend you looking into it. There's an ongoing support thread going on here, titled something like alternate day IF support thread. Otherwise there's an awesome section on low carb friends, devoted to it. There are several women over there who have lost 70, 80 and even over 100lbs doing this plan. I lost around 40 lbs myself. Two books-

The Alternate Day Diet by Dr. James Johnson
    The Fast Diet by Dr. Michael Mosley
    *~Sara~*

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    I recommend a high carb/low fat/medium protein 60/10/30~. Mostly fruit, potatoes, red meat, shellfish and dairy.

The diet you are on now is only going to exacerbate your issues, IMO.
    Where can I read about this type of approach? I have read some of Richard Nikoley's articles about the potato diet, but have been hesitant to follow it because of my blood lipid improvements once I eliminated starches.

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    hi... I also have not lost weight before on Low Carb... until I started ADF... it took 2 weeks for it to kick in and i'm finally losing weight..
    I really recommend trying it. Alternate Day Fasting... there is a thread dedicated to this! look into it. Worth a try...

Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Have you tried alternate day intermittent fasting yet (ie JUDDD)? If not I'd highly recommend you looking into it. There's an ongoing support thread going on here, titled something like alternate day IF support thread. Otherwise there's an awesome section on low carb friends, devoted to it. There are several women over there who have lost 70, 80 and even over 100lbs doing this plan. I lost around 40 lbs myself. Two books-

I have done some research on intermittant fasting and have tried it before with little success. I thought there was some controversy on IF for women?

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post

yes! this is what you need to do.. I swear by it. because I was in your situation and this worked!! JUDDDD aka: Alternate day fast.... Inter fasting didn't work for me... but Alternate day fasting is currently work with great success!!!
    go do research on the internet read what you can and start! the great thing about it is you don't have to be Low Carb on it.. but its BETTER to be Primal and on it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast