Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Veggie Ideas page

ikaika is offline Senior Member

Favorite Veggie Ideas

Primal Fuel
    I think that sometimes I don't know what veggies to buy, cook, or eat, so I just give up and have meat alone. I know there are some Zero Carb people around here, but I'm not talking about doing that-- I want to know your favorite primal veggie recipes/meals! I think that veggies have lots of important things in them and I'm worried I'm giving myself heaps of deficiencies.. !

P.S. Not 'salad.' I eat lots of raw leaves.

-写

bootson is offline Senior Member
    I love Asparagus. I want to try it roasted, wrapped in bacon. nom nom nom nom nom

I also like Broccoli... it's really good stir-fried in bacon grease lol!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Try grilling oiled asparagus. It's awesome.
    I refuse to cook carrots unless it's in a stir fry.
    I love grilled/ sauteed peppers, onions, asparagus, and tomato.

Lady Grok is offline Senior Member
    I was shocked to realize that I love zucchini- I slice it thinly with a mandoline (you could also use a carrot peeler) and use it as a noodle replacement. Jicama is another fave of mine- a little on the starchy side, but a ton of water and very refreshing with lime juice and chili or just plain. I also like to make a ton of roasted veggies- garlic, red onions, peppers, brussels sprouts, turnips, carrots- just toss them with veggies and seasoning and stick them in the oven, making sure to check every once in awhile. Cauliflower rice is super-easy too- lightly steam your cauli and then grate (food processor is great for this too. Pretty much any veg tastes great when sauteed with butter- I cook a lot of spinach (with garlic) and asparagus this way.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    All sounds great-- I do love veggies, the 'liking' part isn't the problem, its the 'doing!' I think my budget makes things hard. I LOVE asparagus. My favorite way is the really big giant organic asparagus, oiled and grilled, ON A STICK! it's so amazing. I love Brussels sprouts, too. I need to get a roasting pan and just do thte medley you're talking about. I've never had turnips... what are they like?

robss is offline Senior Member
    I add mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions to my omelet. Other than that I'm with you OP. These suggestions look delicious!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Slice bacon into lardons (matchstick size bits) and cook. Remove bacon.

Add mushrooms and coat with fat. Once mostly cooked, add in asparagus broken into 2 inch peices, and canned or frozen artichoke hearts. Drizzle red wine vinegar and throw in minced garlic.

Plate, salt and pepper and chopped tarragon. Top with a soft poached egg. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Lean Body is offline Member
    I've never had turnips... what are they like?
    It's a root vegetable, a member of cabbage family. Actually it's one of my favorite veggie dish, usually what I do with it is cut off the greens for steaming; cut off the stems to simmer for veggie broth; steam or sautee the turnips with potatoes for a yummy root veggie dish.

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    Broccoli is easy. Leave it as a bunch and upend it in some simmering water until it turns bright green and al dente. Pull it out, shake the water off, and cut the florets onto a plate. Add butter.

Parsnips and carrots are also dead easy. Peel them and stick them in the pan with whatever you're roasting (beef, chicken, etc)

Tomatoes thrown in a pan for a quick sear are delicious

Wilted spinach with bacon grease. Or sauteed spinach with cream and parmesan and a pinch of nutmeg

When i was a little kid my mother convinced us that frozen peas were a dessert. Freezy Peas - they're just like dippin' dots ice cream. . . . . My mother is twisted XD

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you are on a budget, frozen veggies or farmers market veggies tend to be a lot cheaper than straight up grocery store veggies

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast