Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Veggie Ideas page 3

becalive is offline Junior Member

beets

Primal Fuel
    i grow beets, so i end up with alot. I like to slice them with skin on and drizzle olive oil and pepper and roast them in the oven on 400 for 15-20 mins...... they are higher in carbs then most vegetables but still alot lower then potatoes....makes a great replacement for the "potato" section on your dinner plate.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrorball View Post
    you can roast endives and radicchios.
    I never thought of that, I'll have to try it out! I love endive.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    yumm im gonna try a LARGE arry of roasted veggies tonight...

radishes
    asparagus
    ...something else haha

my first try of BOTH those veggies!

shadgal is offline Senior Member
    A way I like to do veges especially when going into winter (down here in NZ) is to cook up some broccoli, cauliflower (into florets) and thickly sliced cabbage, cook in a small amount of water for a few minutes depending on how firm or soft you like them, don't throw the water, add a good splosh of olive oil, juice of half to one lemon and some salt, mix all together and eat (you might need a bowl). My mum used to do this with her veges (she's Greek) in UK where I was brought up to liven up bland veges. My husband and kids really like it too. Then spoon up remaining liquid, really nice.
    Last edited by shadgal; 05-13-2010 at 02:55 PM.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    My mom makes a great beet coleslaw.... cook the beets and let them cool. Then toss them into a food processor to shred. Season with horseradish and homemade vinaigrette, and serve cold...... YUM!

I also like mine warm, mixed with some sauteed swiss chard and topped with goat cheese.

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    This is something super delicious i eat basically every night. Best of all, it is super simple to prepare!

Slice eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, mushrooms (anykind will work), broccoli, asparagus, or any other veggie you desire.

Toss them with any herbs, spices, and oil you like. I personally like to add cumin, cinnamon, paprika, ginger, garlic and basil along with olive oil.

Place them in one of those dewp aluminum baking sheets (or any oven safe thing with a cover) and bake at 400 degrees for about an hour (depending on portion size)

the result is delicious! As a bonus, the veggies will leave you some juice you can use as a dip or save it for later to use in soups or sauces.

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    ++++ for ROASTING!!!

My new fav is roasted radishes. nom nom nom!!! It's still second fiddle to roasted brussel sprouts though.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    roasted radishes? do tell! I love me some radishes.
    I grok, therefore I am.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I love Alton Brown, his show Good Eats, and Brussels sprouts, and this is my favorite way to cook Brussels sprouts:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

I sometimes leave out the blue cheese just because it is already flavorful and delicious enough. There was also a pecan+cranberry recipe in the episode that looked interesting:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

The other night after cooking some bacon on my roasting pan and pouring most of the fat into my jar, I put some leftover sprouts in the pan and rolled them around to pick up the remaining grease and all the brown bits... so delicious.

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Radishes in a pan with garlic cloves, salt & pepper with fresh thyme on top. Olive oil before or after cooking depending on how much you care about oxidation.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast