Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steak and Eggs: Cavemanjoe-Style! page

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member

Steak and Eggs: Cavemanjoe-Style!

Shop Now
    I won't be eating steaks so I'll be eating alternatives. Today was a 200g pork neck steak and 4 eggs for breakfast, dinner was a bit mish-mash...200ml coconut milk with 200g prawns and 4 eggs scrambled. Also had a couple of slices of pizza and i now feel like crap, so tired and lethargic, only green 20 minutes since i had the slices and they weren't even that big!!

Today is my fourth whole day. Starting weight was 250lbs, approx 20-25% body fat. I've actually put on a pound or two. Feel great though.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Let me be the first to wish you the best of luck! You definitely have to stay away from the pizza, my advice is to really focus on staying strict for 6 days with your meat and eggs and then have a great blow out day on your carb refeed day. If you do you will definitely see results. Try to stay grain free and low fat on your refeed day. Fill up on Paleo Carbs on the refeed day - lots of yams, sweet potatoes, even some white rice and potatoes, use balsamic vinegar on your potatoes rather than butter, remember the refeed is meant to be high carb, low fat.

Hi canuk.

I read your reply to me explaining refeeds and leptin but I'm worried about the amount of carbs I'll be eating in one go. I have about 50lbs to lose and trying not to spike my insulin too much...wouldn't the amount of carbs I'll be eating work against my fat loss, just trying to get my head around it all.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    My priority is losing weight on this too. What I did last Sunday was plan in advance everything I was going to eat, including quantities, so that I was eating right up to my maintenance level of calories but no more.

Since I was eating seafood, vegetables, and fruit, but no added fat, that was actually a whole lot of food.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    Hi canuk.

I read your reply to me explaining refeeds and leptin but I'm worried about the amount of carbs I'll be eating in one go. I have about 50lbs to lose and trying not to spike my insulin too much...wouldn't the amount of carbs I'll be eating work against my fat loss, just trying to get my head around it all.
    In my opinion the one day carb refeed every 7 days will not affect your over all weight loss, it is necessary to reboot your leptin levels to ensure you stay in fat burning mode. It is important to avoid things like pizza on your strict days however as this will definitely slow your progress.

Thanks again!

Breakfast: 200g pork chop, 4 eggs, 2 strips smoked bacon.

Gym will be squats, laterall pulldowns and shoulder press, following a 5x5 program.

Squats: 45/50/50/50/52.5
    Lat pulldowns: 52/59/59/59/59
    Shoulder press: 15/17.5/17.5/20/20

All weights in Kg and in the case of barbell exercises (squads today) the weight doesn't include the bar. Gym was like a ghost-town, for a bloody change!

Today is my 5th whole day.

Starting weight was 250 lbs
    Today's weight is 251.6 lbs

Not sure the reason for the gain of almost 2lbs, but I do look a bit leaner.

Half pound burgers, 4 eggs and a few chestnut mushrooms for breakfast. Running out of eggs so quickly! Tomorrow is refeed day, so that should be fun!! Will keep it to vegetables like carrots, sweet spurs, broccoli and white spuds. Should fat be at a zero or is some ok?

I eat a lot less than others who are doing this experiment but I'm in now way feeling so hungry because of it, even after gym sessions.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    Not sure the reason for the gain of almost 2lbs, but I do look a bit leaner.

Half pound burgers, 4 eggs and a few chestnut mushrooms for breakfast. Running out of eggs so quickly! Tomorrow is refeed day, so that should be fun!! Will keep it to vegetables like carrots, sweet spurs, broccoli and white spuds. Should fat be at a zero or is some ok?

I eat a lot less than others who are doing this experiment but I'm in now way feeling so hungry because of it, even after gym sessions.
    I would add some tubers, like steam-cooked potatoes or oven-baked sweet potatoes with a drizzle of fat, herbs and salt & pepper.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast