Thread: gfsfme journal toward health page

gfsfme is online now Junior Member

gfsfme journal toward health

Primal Fuel
    So excited after three weeks of primal. The changes are amazing! I am able to smell for the first time in years. Have a long history with allergies, asthma and nasal polyps. Have had surgery to remove the polyps twice. The CAT scan I had about a year ago showed that my sinuses were full again. I have been postponing having surgery for awhile now. I can't believe that after eliminating grains, sugar and most dairy from my diet I feel better than I have in many years. My energy is so much better! My brain fog has lifted. I feel better in my 40s than I ever did in my 20s. Its a shame that CW keeps us stuck feeling miserable, blaming ourselves, feeling like we have to settle for being less than healthy and that's just the way it is. Thank God for MDA and the willingness to think outside the box!!!

SeattleSlim is offline Member
    That's awesome! I only have a week under my belt but I already feel better. It's always great to read other people's progress, it helps motivate me.
    Starting weight: 195.8
    Weight at end of 21-day challenge: ???

Goal: To free myself of food obsessions and maintain a healthy weight without DIEeting

Well, yesterday I had a minor slip up. Ate a cupcake. Funny but prior to this Iwould have just gone back into my old mindset and started binging. But I noticed something. My body was not happy afterwards. My nose got really stuffy...I started to itch. So I decided that I should listen to myself and not do that again. It wasn't worth it. Not on any level. Feels good to feel good. Can't believe it took me this long in life to figure it out!

Saw the doctor the other day and for the first time every since I started thyroid replacement 18 years ago she is reducing my medication!!!!! I am so excited. All the rest of my labs looked great! So happy with this WOE!!!

I am going to try to journal every day. Still loving this WOE. Feeling better than I have in years. Looking forward to a longer, healthier life than I ever would have had I not found this website and read Primal Blueprint. Excited for the Color Run in Providence in October! Also I am turning 46 in August (August 31) I hope to be down 18-20 lbs by then! So grateful !!

My plan is to avoid all fruit, eat only meat, eggs and veggies with a little cheese. I want to do this for thirty days and then weight myself. I understand the need to avoid the scale, but I just want to weigh once a month. I really have a lot to lose and need to make sure I stay on track. Excited to see the results.

Made it through day one of nothing sweet, no fruit, no sweetners of any kind, it wasn't as rough as I thought it would be, my husband bought a half gallon of ice cream last night, my personal favorite non primal thing, and I wasn't even tempted! ( okay maybe a little tempted,) but not like before, it was easy to talk myself out of it! I am excited to see what this month will bring and if I will lose a little better. I know I shouldn't measure success by the numbers on the scale, and its no longer the most important thing, but it still matters a little to me. Anyway, looking forward to the month ahead and lots of positive changes!!