Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shirataki noodles--are they primal? page 2

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    It's practically pure tuber starch. Go for it.
    Nope, it's the fiber, not the starch. Which means it may cause bloating and indigestion for some. But as long as it's not the tofu variety, it's effectively zero carbs and not a horrible option either.

Dear Mark: Apple Cider Vinegar, DNA Damage, Lactaid, and Miracle Noodles | Mark's Daily Apple

See the last bit on miracle noodles.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    "Miracle noodles" makes it sound like a scam. I eat them occasionally because they are Japanese food.

Paleobird Guest
    Yeah, My BSometer goes off when anything has "miracle" in the name.

Sea Tangle Noodle Company: Our Products

These are the kelp noodles I was talking about. They have regular kelp noodles, kelp noodles with green tea added, and a mixed sea veggies kind that is my favorite.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    LOVE kelp noodles but they are kinda pricey.. which is too bad! I can eat them all the time!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Bolson32 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    This is the one I have, and I've really been happy with it. It's got a few different blades, and has held up so far. Not bad for 26 bucks.
    Does anyone know where I can pick one of these up in a store? I don't really want to order one ha. Also, $35 seems like a bummer of an investment for something I may not like a lot.

I recently tried spaghetti squash and was unimpressed. I ate it, but I tried it with a homemade cheese sauce and it was only OK. I think spaghetti sauce might need a richer sauce, such as alfredo, or even butter/parmesean.

diene is offline Senior Member
    The kelp noodles look good, and I'd like to try them. But I don't know about buying a case of 12 when I'm not sure if I'd like them. Amazon sells a 12-oz bag for $11.95, which is really expensive. Hmmm...maybe I'll try to find them in real life. I buy shirataki noodles from the local Asian grocery store. They're cheaper than Miracle Noodles (which is just a brand). Maybe they have kelp noodles too. I'll have to look for them the next time I'm there.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I use shiratake noodles in soups and stir-fries. They are great! I like that they do not go mushy or fall apart & you don't have to cook them and guess the mushy point. But, then again, I've never liked pasta....

And, yeah, I buy mine shirataki in the Asia supermarket, they are like $1.50 for 2 cups of noodles.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12