Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Higher Carb Primal foods? page 3

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    And then tonight we're going out for dinner with my dh's side. Was planning on fish and a salad, but now I may get a steak and a baked potato
    I have been known to order more than one entree when I'm craving protein.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I have been known to order more than one entree when I'm craving protein.
    I may get a bigger steak, instead of the 'girl' portioned, six ounce one
    *~Sara~*

patski is offline Senior Member
    POOOOOTTTAAAATTTOOOEEESSS!!!

My new favourite food is yellow potatoes sliced to about 1cm thickness, boiled, then fried in bacon fat. Season generously with salt and pepper. Seriously. They taste like potato chips. SOOOOOOO AMAZEBALLS.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    POOOOOTTTAAAATTTOOOEEESSS!!!

My new favourite food is yellow potatoes sliced to about 1cm thickness, boiled, then fried in bacon fat. Season generously with salt and pepper. Seriously. They taste like potato chips. SOOOOOOO AMAZEBALLS.
    I'm going grocery shopping on Monday and potatoes are at the top of my list
    *~Sara~*

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I guess I'm the contrarian one here, but honestly, adding potatoes to most of my meals has not done anything except make me leaner. I eat potatoes sometimes with every meal. And sometimes I have a dessert that has agave syrup in it (oh the horror) and sometimes I have an appetizer before dinner that is dates with cheese stuffed in them, or a pre-breakfast of a half a banana with almond butter. Fat/carb combos that ought to make me a whale, right?

I think you should just eat more. Or drink more wine and eat more chocolate. That always puts weight on me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 195 x 3

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I guess I'm the contrarian one here, but honestly, adding potatoes to most of my meals has not done anything except make me leaner. I eat potatoes sometimes with every meal. And sometimes I have a dessert that has agave syrup in it (oh the horror) and sometimes I have an appetizer before dinner that is dates with cheese stuffed in them, or a pre-breakfast of a half a banana with almond butter. Fat/carb combos that ought to make me a whale, right?

I think you should just eat more. Or drink more wine and eat more chocolate. That always puts weight on me.
    I don't drink alcohol, but I have become fond of Lindt 85% dark chocolate Right now I limit it to one square a day, but maybe I'll up that.
    *~Sara~*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123