Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Receding Gums & Electric Toothbrush/Waterpik page 2

Walkers345 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Floss your teeth every day. Waterpiks are great to supplement flossing. Waterpiks do not take the place of flossing. You can start on the lowest setting and work up. They will not put excessive pressure on your gums to damage your tissues. Add a little listerine if you want to kill more bacteria. No matter what toothbrush you use, make sure it is extra soft. Brush in circular motion gently. (No horizontal back and forth. This can wear away gum tissue and teeth in the long run.) Chronic clenching and grinding can cause recession, but will not cause periodontal disease(inflamed gums and bone loss around teeth). Wear a night guard to protect against tooth wear and recession. I have seen inflamed gums greatly improve if gluten is removed, inflammation in the body is decreased, hormones become more balanced, stress is decreased.

lillypenna is offline Junior Member

receding gums

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It seems like we are on the same boat. I had the same problem as yours. My friend suggested me to see as they are the best and experienced dentist Maloney Stephen M Dmd in our local and I started using soft brush recommended by my dentist. He also suggested me to eat fresh fruits to reduce receding gums.

http://www.wellness.com/dir/2052707/...-stephen-m-dmd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12