Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nausea while IFing? page

Bisous is offline Senior Member

Nausea while IFing?

Primal Fuel
    Just getting into this so have only tried a few 16 hour ones. Each time I get extremely nauseous. One time I actually had to stop the car. No, not pregnant.

Does that happen to anyone else? I had veggies and meat the night before each time, no starchy carbs or fruit.

Willow_NyteEyes is offline Senior Member
    Are you drinking water when you get hungry? (You're not drinking anything other than water during an IF right?)

I find drinking some cold water quiets my stomach during fasts.
    ~ I don't talk to people with closed minds; they tend to harbor brain fungus. ~

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Nausea as in wanting to throw up or nausea as in feeling faint? Are you very hungry when this occurs? weak? Have you tried 16 hour IFs on consecutive days (e.g. skipping breakfast eating lunch and dinner) or is this a once in a while type experiment? It took me a few days of acclamation before 16 hour fast felt normal - now eating before it's over seems like the uncomfortable thing to do.

It might be that you could stand to add more calories to your dinner? more satisfaction? The goal with the 16/8 routine is to make it a regular (sustainable) thing - it does take a little acclamation imo.

edit - I wonder if you blood sugar is bottoming out towards the end? Hm. You eating more protein and fat than carbs right? seems like you should be able to last that long. Maybe your body is resistant to the change and needs a little more regular practice (though that probably sounds like torture!)
    Last edited by TheFastCat; 05-12-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Throw up nausea. Just water to drink, though I will have green tea at work around 10am. The nausea always happens around 7. I have been doing it on Wednesdays, which is the day I don't work out.

Willow_NyteEyes is offline Senior Member
    Are you awake and eating at 3am?

A 16 hour IF ending at 7pm would have started at 3am. Sleeping counts as fasting so unless you're eating really late at night... you've gone way over 16 hours by 7pm.
    ~ I don't talk to people with closed minds; they tend to harbor brain fungus. ~

7am. About when I would usually have breakfast were I not skipping it.

fyrespryte is offline Senior Member
    If you want to continue trying to IF for that long and continue experiencing the nausea, you could try making yourself some ginger tea. Ginger is fantastic for nausea and I don't personally think that it would ruin your IF.

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    For what it's worth, green tea on an empty stomach gives me the dry heaves.

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    You're not taking supplements at that time are you? Or pregnant (early)?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No supplements while IFing, not pregnant. The nausea happens before any green tea. The only thing I might have is water. It's very strong (sweaty, I'm gonna puke strong) for about 10 minutes, then it passes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast