Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The fruit was a bad idea.... page 2

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    ALSO it helps me to ignore what I don't eat and focus on what I DO eat and enjoy. It's a 'mental fence' that I put around foods I don't eat that helps me keep them out of my consciousness.
    I am gluten-free by necessity. Gluten is that way for me, out of the picture and I choose from the foods I may have. Many people who must stay gluten-free for their health focus on the foods they cannot have and make their diet into some sort of penance.

richard is offline Senior Member
    It is difficult sometimes. I personally am incapable of having "just a little" of anything with carbs or sugar in it. So I just stay away completely. I may in the future allow a cheat now and then but it has to be infrequent and rules-based. Like "only at a party with the family" kind of thing. Otherwise I will completely screw up. I just can't do "moderation."

Anyway, we begin now Marissa. Just dust yourself off, get back on the horse and don't worry about it anymore because people who do best at this don't blame themselves and get all freaked out. They just say "I'm human, it's okay, this is part of my learning process" and without the shame and guilt they actually stick and build their new habits a lot faster.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    I don't even think the fruit was a bad idea. It would have worked for some people, so you had to test to see if it could work for you. You didn't, you learned.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Well it turned into a full on binge last night. Which turned into a few granola bars this morning and some yogurt covered raisins. But I'm done now. I have a horrible stomach ache and my head feels like it's spinning. I'm going to pretend like this morning never even happened. So today is back to day one. I CAN DO THIS FOR MY MENTAL HEALTH, that is my focus!!!

Yoga11 is offline Senior Member
    If you go to Whole paycheck... Xyla a brand for (Xylitol) (some people are tolerant- I am and use it all the time)
    makes a dark chocolate bar... it would help not spike your insulin, it's for diabetics and safe to eat.. maybe you could try it sometime... OR you could melt butter or coconut oil, mix in a tablespoon on unsweetened coco powder, cream, and add in your sugar substitute of choice and either freeze it for chocolate or drizzle it over some whipped cream ( no sugar added)... I hope this helps u get what your wanting/ craving with out the sugar effect!!

Big HUGS!!!

Thanks so much for the suggestion Yoga, maybe I will try that next time I'm getting a craving for a sweet. Thanks for the hugs, hugs always make me feel better.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Yoga Bare. If you're craving simply the taste of sweet and not the solid carbs, maybe load up on sweeteners? Bulletproof hot cocoa with stevia is excellent.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I agree with Yoga Bare. If you're craving simply the taste of sweet and not the solid carbs, maybe load up on sweeteners? Bulletproof hot cocoa with stevia is excellent.
    I agree, I think that's a really good idea. Sometimes I just want something sweet, and I can't imagine going the rest of my days without having anything sweet, lmao!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12