Thread: Juicing to avoid fiber but eat veggies? page

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member

Juicing to avoid fiber but eat veggies?

Primal Fuel
    Are veggies really necessary to begin with? I get so constipated with the fiber in them. Do I need their vitamins and minerals and wouldn't juicing provide that?

Z0oom is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldensparrow View Post
    Are veggies really necessary to begin with? I get so constipated with the fiber in them. Do I need their vitamins and minerals and wouldn't juicing provide that?
    The only arguments for juicing that I have heard, are that you get more nutrients in more concentrated form. Maybe good if your lacking in beta carotene, or something else obtained from fruits and veggies.

The arguments against juicing that I have heard involve acellular carbohydrates, promoting inflammatory microbiota. And also, more sugar, faster.

And that fiber is good for scraping out your intestinal walls and such, shoot, I eat my bananas whole peel and all!

I agree on the constipation, many a constipated nights as an herbivore.

I know a few people who have spend north of a grand on juicing machines, maybe some juicers could help fill in on how it helps them out and what the benefits are. If it meant drinking a glass of spinach and cranberry juice everyday to never have a pimple again, I would probably do it.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member

Zach is offline Banned
    No veggies are not necessary and yes, juicing is a goid way to get nutrients without fiber.

Zoom, why on earth would you eat a banana peel..

breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    I find much veg and therefore fibre gives me diarrhoea so juicing is great to avoid that. Drinking carrot / beet / celery etc juice is great for my skin so I assume has other benefits too.