Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ex-vegan saying hello! page 2

amyeek is offline Member
    Thanks bloodorchid and Sungrazer! I do love my veggies, so no worries there

amyeek is offline Member
    Well, tonight I am eating non-fish meat for the first time in over thirteen years. It's going to be lamb, and it will be the first time I have ever eaten lamb full stop. My fiancee is cooking it for me, buying it from a local organic butcher. Wish me luck!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Good luck. Lamb is my favourite, you are lucky to have someone cooking it for you. Enjoy

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Next step is to go for the lamb liver (a weekly staple at home)
    Good luck in omnivore world and eat real foods, stuff that you would see in nature or could process yourself exactly as how you saw it in the store if you wanted to.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your lamb dinner. You too will find youself driving past fields of tiny lambs, shouting out - MINT SAUCE !!

Seriously as I'm sure you know meat comes in all varieties and you don't have to like it all. If lamb isn't to taste (it can be very fatty and greasy in texture) you might find chicken an easier texture, or mince.
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by awok677 View Post
    Congratulations on your lamb dinner. You too will find youself driving past fields of tiny lambs, shouting out - MINT SAUCE !!
    I think "garlic, rosemary, and cracked black peppercorns" and visualize myself resting on a soft, warm lamb pelt.

awok677 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I think "garlic, rosemary, and cracked black peppercorns" and visualize myself resting on a soft, warm lamb pelt.
    Oh, yes. Sheepskins make the best rugs and chair covers. Very primal. Was tempted a while ago by reindeer pelts. One day ...
    Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Hello amyeek - I know how you feel - I've been paleo since last Nov..ish -my bf does most of the cooking so he has seen me eat piles of butter soaked veggies with butter cooked eggs, dark chocolate, cream AND full fat yoghurt with my fruit and nuts etc etc - the fat has melted off me ( and I do no excercise except walking ).
    so he's decided to go on a Slimfast diet !! AARRGGHH !!
    hope you enjoyed the lamb - my advice - eat loads of veggies - add which ever protein source you like and plenty of good fat to everything !!

amyeek is offline Member
    Thanks guys. You've made me giggle at work, ssh! Re: chicken, never much cared for it as a child, or fake chicken (I know it's nothing like the real thing), but the fake steaks and such are the things I really enjoyed, so I thought I'd go for something like that rather than chicken. OH was keen that lamb's around the right season, so went for that. Roast chicken always smells really good, so maybe that's something to make next week. But that's me getting ahead of myself!

alisoncapricorn - oh noooo! How frustrating that must be for you. Never tried a powder shake before. Used to sneak weight gain powders into my sister's soups, smoothies, etc, when she was a child/teen because her food issues were waaay past mine. That's by the by, but it does make me wonder about trusting my mother's word on food as a child given I've been through so many diet control issues and my sister was so ill, but what else can one do?

I'll be interested to hear how your other half does!

amyeek is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, I had lamb...

It was lovely. OH cooked it with a coating of fresh rosemary, mint, and parsley, and made a baba ganoush to go with, along with green beans in butter with flaked almonds. I would have liked some kale or spinach on the side too. The only part I couldn't stomach was a particularly fatty piece. After digesting a little I went for a brisk walk - to the shop to get an orange because I was seriously craving one.

I couldn't eat the same thing tomorrow, that's for sure, but I could definitely eat it again. I paid so much more attention to my food than normal - turned the TV off, took a moment to be thankful, and processed what I was eating. Apart from my need for more greens, it felt like a good meal.

Anyway, thought I would share.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast