Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you do after a non-paleo day or two? page 3

Techie is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You can easily gain 5 lbs from gylcogen buildup if you were previously low carb before having an entire cheat day. If you were to walk 2-3 hours you could use up a lot of that storage (mostly water), its not significant.

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    For me, maybe an 18-24 hour fast, depending on how I feel the next day. I don't even really consider myself to have "non-paleo days", but rather non-paleo meals or social situations. I don't need a day to eat non-paleo food, because I love what I eat. That helps me to not obsess over food when going out with my non-primal wife or friends. I just eat reasonably, for the most part, but also enjoy whatever is available.

Most times, I just go back to my regularly scheduled routine. This isn't a diet, so there's nothing to fix. My body tells me when it's hungry, and after being primal for this long, the insulin-related "hunger" reactions feel different than actual hunger pangs.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    264.2 this morning. five days back on the train after a few bad days and im abck to where i was. pretty happy with that, so now i just need a couple weeks straight to get the body happy and losing weight again
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

79 pounds down 54 pounds from primal

Erik W is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Millersoontobelite View Post
    and a student just gave me a whole pizza cuz they thought my birthday was today. i gave most of it away
    Okay, I just have to ask. Don't you know if the student was a boy or a girl? If you do, then why say "they" about one person? This Politically Correct use of "they" for one person has been turned up to ridiculous proportions.

Erik W is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Millersoontobelite View Post
    oh i understand that it is just a hiccup in the road but was just wondering what other people do, how they feel, what their jump start back into things plan was. thanks so far guys
    The important thing is just to remember that there is no perfect day to start, no perfect day to start again, and no perfect day to exercise. Sometimes you just have to push through even if you don't feel motivated and you fell off the plan a day or two. A week later you will be happy you just picked it up again and kept going.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The road to success isn't always a straight one. Twists, turns, and the occasional rut can be found. Perseverance will generally work better than the need for perfection.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    I'm coming off of alternate day IF, so if I do have a big eating day it's just a habit to have a fasting day afterwards (under 500 calories). My weekend was quite off plan, and I had a 4lb bounce this morning. So, today I consumed around 400 calories and the bloats gone. Stepped on the scale, just for the heck of it tonight, and I'm down 2lbs of the bounce already. I usually have a 1.5lb-2lb whoosh overnight, so tomorrow I should be pretty close to where I started.

But, I've done a lot of these types of fasting days while I was actively losing weight, so they don't phase me at all. It might be harder for someone who hasn't done them to try one?
    *~Sara~*

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik W View Post
    Okay, I just have to ask. Don't you know if the student was a boy or a girl? If you do, then why say "they" about one person? This Politically Correct use of "they" for one person has been turned up to ridiculous proportions.
    Educators are brainwashed to avoid pronouns that distinguish gender. It is all beurocratic BS but it just happens to us all.
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

79 pounds down 54 pounds from primal

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    I go straight back to eating clean. No guilt, no worry, no nothing.

I eat clean the vast majority of the time so I can have the odd bad meal (or day) without sweating.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123