Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do after a non-paleo day or two? page 2

prufock is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nothing out of the ordinary. I go back into my routine, as if nothing had happened. You're probably bummed because, despite not referring to it as a "cheat" day, you're considering it some kind of failure. I can't really give any advice on how not to feel that way, other than "don't." It isn't a dead end where you have to turn around and go back, it's a detour that just takes you along the scenic route.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The last time I felt crappy from eating I had done a carb refeed you were supposed to eat on top of the other food you had already eaten. I felt almost nauseated that night, then wasn't hungry the next day. I had a snack at dinner and decided that WOE wasn't for me.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Slaughter a lamb in front of a grok idol then eat it raw. The lamb not the idol.

Relax, you won't go to wheat hell.

Sent from my Nexus S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    After a particularly bad day, i.e., plate of gluten free spaghetti (usually rice, quinoa, corn pasta mixes), I will fast for the next day until dinner and eat a small dinner. Stuff like a plate of spaghetti can seriously make me feel full for 2 days.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Physically: nothing drastic. 3 days out of the 1000s remaining is nothing. I might accommodate the diminished appetite by reducing portions slightly or a leisurely walk/bikeride.

Mentally: I strongly advise against the "crime and punishment" head trip. IMO any sort of recovery/atonement mechanism only makes us more vulnerable to future misbehavior. Better to live with our choices 100% of the time.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Baconoholic is offline Junior Member
    I just get back in the boat. Move on, and tell myself it's the past.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Make a plan to never eat wheat again. That will help a lot.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Make a plan to never eat wheat again. That will help a lot.
    Plunging into Whole 30 in a panic is likely to produce useful results, as well.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Millersoontobelite View Post
    so, my birthday just passed and for really the frist time since going full paleo in november i had a pretty bad couple days.

historically i have had what i call a non-paleo day (i dont like the word cheat because i am trying hard to to avoid the concept of this being a "diet") maybe once every six weeks where i indulge in a favorite, likely pizza.

Sadly, i just had 3 bad pretty bad days in the last five. I got on the scale and was flabergasted with a ridiculous gain, but realize a lot of it will come back out quick, body holding onto excess water from high salt intake, carbs sticking around etc.

What do you guys do if you fall off? I know some of you seldom do, but i am sitting here a bit on the bummed side and considering an IF for the rest of the morning/afternoon and chugging some water.
    Happy Birthday.

I go back to eating primally as if nothing had happened, and do it up right with a really delicious meal. Steak! Butter! Bacon! Avocado! Primal should feel just as indulgent as birthday cake.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Millersoontobelite is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday i wound up eating a normal lunch (italian sausage with peppers and onions) and wasnt hungry at dinner so i just had an egg or two. i weighed myself this morning, which i do almost every morning. Saturday morning i was 265. 273 this morning. ouch.

i am basically doing what most of you said. Just back to it and leaving it in the past. it is a little hard for me since i am a scale watcher to know that itll be a week or two before i get back to where i was. anyway, cheers guys thanks for the help

a
    SW 333 PBSW 308 CW 254

79 pounds down 54 pounds from primal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast