Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barefoot shoes for work on asphalt? page

futhark is offline Member

Question Barefoot shoes for work on asphalt?

Primal Fuel
    Hi guys!

So I work as a security guard, and I've been wondering if there are barefoot shoes in the marked that aren't like the traditional Vibram Five Fingers, but rather, more like normal shoes in my line of work (which resembles military shoes), just with thinner sole on the shoe.

Normal shoes, but with the principles of the barefoot shoes.

Any ideas?

jujeki is offline Member
    I don't know about shoes that resemble military gear, but I have had good results with buying flat shoes and removing the cushion thing on the inside. Those inner soles are usually padded thickly in the heel and once removed, reveal a thin rubber sole.

futhark is offline Member
    jujeki: nice what brand are those shoes?

The thing is that it doesn't have to be military shoes, as long as they cover my feet and reaches my ankle. Preferably black or dark blue.

jujeki is offline Member
    Skate shoe brands like Vans make a lot of flat shoes. I personally have an ancient pair of Sperry's slip on laceless shoes that I just took the inner sole out of a month ago. You could also just go to a store and look for shoes that have a removable sole (some are glued on, those would be more permanent choices to test) that fit your aesthetic fancy.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Merrell, perhaps? I wear Merrell barefoot shoes most of the time and really like them. This is the US site, but they have european web pages as well

Men

maybe this one.

Barefoot Life Tour Glove - Men's - Casual Shoes - J41121 | Merrell

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    I have the mini-mil boots, and they are great so far!!! I have only had them for under a month, and I have only worn them about 8-10 times My right heel is a bit funny from a broken foot when I was a kid so it takes me quite a while to break in shoes.

Tom B-D is offline Senior Member
    I just got a pair of Vivo Barefoot slip-ons which are GREAT but maybe not durable enough if you want more of a boot. In the winter I got some Belleville Tactical Research Minimil Ultra Light, which have the no-drop heel, but the thicker sole keeps you from feeling the ground. So they're rugged and don't raise the heel, but I prefer to feel the ground when I can.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've got a pair of Merrell shoes similar to these:
    Merrell Vapor Glove Road-Running Shoes - Women's - Free Shipping at REI.com

The pair I have, I got on the clearance rack, so I'm pretty sure they are discontinued.

Anyway, these are thin shoes, meant to be worn sans socks. The shoes I have do have Vibram soles (the same Vibram that is famous for the Five Finger toe shoes) which I believe helps tremendously with the gripping, something about the way Vibram designs the soles. I got these shoes at REI, and they are quite comfortable. Being an owner of Vibram Five Fingers, I can honestly say that these shoes give the same feel as the toe shoes. Since they are thin, I am essentially using all of my foot's joints and muscles, just as I would if I were going barefoot. Think of it like wearing a thick, skin tight sock, or something. Ask the shoe section employees at REI, they'll tell you all about 'em.

I bet you can find a more modest pair as far as color goes, too!
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast