Thread: Skarlett goes Primal! page

Skarlett98 is offline Junior Member

Skarlett goes Primal!

Primal Fuel
    Hi all!!

I'm a full time working mother of two. My hubby(35), me(30) and our two kids(10 & 7) have started on our primal journey this week. My job includes a lot of desk work but also it includes time on the water and climbing gangways.When I'm not working, Im running the kids to school or off to after school activities, doing the homework with them...and in my spare time(oh the irony!!) I play rollerderby but I think you get the picture I'm constantly on the go,quick and easy meals were the norm but were usually loaded with carbs. Hubby and I decided to go primal for multiple reasons, my own reasons include after being on medication since I was 4y/o for an "invisible disease". These medications have known side effects which include slowing of the mebatolism therefore I have been overweight a majority of my life and have tried almost every diet known to man, yes some worked but only temporarily. Another side effect is depression and suicidal tendancies after a few unpleasant occurrances in my life in the past six months there was talk of having to being medicated for depression. I just want to be fit, healthy and happy!!! A girl I do derby with is one primal chick and has being so helpful and informative, she is actually the one that pointed me in this direction to the Daily Apple I mean.My hubby has just finished building a house for a primal couple and this is how he first heard about the primal lifestyle. I have been reading so much info ~ Mark's PB, I also have The Paleo Solution as well as multiple cookbooks to look through but at the end of the day I would love to hear from others on the some path.

Wow, that's a bit longwinded hope I didnt put anyone to sleep. Anyway, Grok on!!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Skarlett, glad you found MDA and wish you happy success on your primal journey. It's so cool that your hubby and kids are on board as well. Best wishes, Annieh.

Skarlett98 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Annieh. When I have some more time, I will have to check out some more of your highlights thread.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    It's mostly about the food, lol. Though there's some other good things too.

There are some other cool moments posted by lots of people in this thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread80122.html