Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cream/butter as my primary fat? page 3

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by paleodutch View Post
    Whip heavy cream long enough and you get butter. So it is the same stuff but in a different form
    If you whip heavy cream long enough to you get watery butter. The "watery" is still the whey.
    Proper butter squeezes all the whey white stuff out. Clarifying the butter squeezes out more. I did check the caloriecount database, a cup of heavy cream has about 6.5 grams carbs and supposedly no sugar. Don't know if that's enough to make a difference.

But yeah, the calories are an issue too.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

SpearCarrier is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    self.jpg

Don't be scared of fats. I eat 250 grams of butter a day, along with lots of gouda and other dairy fats and have been doing so for quite a long time. My bloodwork was good too. I only eat carbs in the form of green vegetables and occasionally munch potatoes, rice and sweet potatoes for it's anabolic effect on the weekends.

I know I am not huge, but I am bouncing back from evil illnesses and there has been no fat gain during my weight increase.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123