Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a big fat 0....as in energy page 3

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thank you for all the replies.
    I have upped my carb...maybe too much???? I had a week moment one day and had myself a pity party...but I am back on track, but because of the pity party, I sure felt like shit..lesson learned.
    I am trying to listen to my body, but I think it speaks a different language I don't understand. I think this is the hardest part.
    if you are 166 lbs give or take a few, active in terms of zumba 2 days a week and weights 2 days a week, how many calories should I need in order to lose the weight? I think the 1500 ish I am getting is too much. I just can't seem to tweek it to lose weight...I have been stuck at this weight for 2 1/2 months. I just am not the wisest when it comes to this. Learning lots tho.
    Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Do a search for "plateaus" in the search bar. The general theory is that the weight comes off in whooshes, and I believe many people have plateaus of that length. Personally I wouldn't eat less - I would switch the macros around a bit (which you've just done). Give it time for that change to kick in.

How many carbs are you eating now? What was the pity party?!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Do a search for "plateaus" in the search bar. The general theory is that the weight comes off in whooshes, and I believe many people have plateaus of that length. Personally I wouldn't eat less - I would switch the macros around a bit (which you've just done). Give it time for that change to kick in.

How many carbs are you eating now? What was the pity party?!

Hi Yoga, thanks for the insight. March/April, I was awesome at the PB eating. May is a stressful month at best, birthdays birthdays, DH/DS Mothers Day, (I'm not cooking lol) on top of that, new supervisor at work and she is being a lil hitler (sorry if I offend anyone!) And of course money woes, my whole life, I take two steps forward, 6 back...I am tired of trying so hard...that was the pity party.
    This weekend was the hubby's birthday, I blew it...but funny enough; the large portion of bag of chips I ate and the cooler, hot-dog (minimal bun) and my London broil and zucchini I consumed yesterday...there may be a weight effect (I didn't check the scale today) but other than that, I did not crave a single thing today in fact, today was awesome, I had my 2 cups of coffee and cream, went for a walk, had another coffee while chatting with a friend, didn't eat until 5 pm today, Pulled pork (some commercial bbq sauce) and home made Coleslaw, and veggies in a bit of butter....I am thankful for today now I need to get back on the bandwagon and figure out why I have a hard time dropping weight. I guess I am one of the few exceptions to effortless weight loss. But in doing so, I am now looking at this a healthier way of living and maybe it will just happen as I continue down this journey.
    I haven't counted carbs but I will this week, but I still would like to keep them under 100 if I can.
    Thank you again for reading and caring

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goinggrok View Post
    I guess I am one of the few exceptions to effortless weight loss. But in doing so, I am now looking at this a healthier way of living and maybe it will just happen as I continue down this journey.
    I haven't counted carbs but I will this week, but I still would like to keep them under 100 if I can.
    Thank you again for reading and caring
    You and every other woman on here. I think that primal will do amazing things for health, but sometimes the weight comes off slowly. It wasn't until I ditched a LOT of stress in my life that weight came off more easily. There are a lot of helpful threads about women and primal. Best of luck to you!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Keep on keeping on! I hope the search turned up some reassuring threads. Tbh I think most people lose weight very slowly - unless they are significantly overweight, or are crash dieting. I've yo-yo dieted for 13 years, and am now finally doing it the right way. The measurements are moving down at a snail's pace, but it doesn't feel like work anymore.

Good luck
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

JulieRUNS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B-D View Post
    The recommendation is actually .7 to 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. My god, 3g/# for me would be like 500g protein...
    I typed protein but I meant to say FAT!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123