Hi Guys
I am new to this forum so G'day. I happened upon marksdailyapple about 2 months ago after being off sugar for a few weeks. The results of following his guidelines have been excellent and I have dropped 5kg in that time without really trying. I also suffered from IB for most of my life and that also cleared up almost immediately.
I have a question about my cholesterol levels which were done last week. Urgent call from the doctor to go and see her immediately. I read up all I could on going primal affecting your levels and was comforted by the post about you could have elevated levels from all the fat that is being burned in the initial stages of weightloss. However when I tried to explain this to the doctor she wasn't interested in the slightest and told me I must have inherited high cholesterol and would need medication to bring it down. Not happy! Anyway managed to persuade her that I wanted to try to manage this with diet and exercise and she wants me to have another test in six months time.
My figures are
Total cholesterol 7.8 mmol/L
Trig 1.3 mmol/L
HDL 1.6 mmol/L
LDL 5.6 mml/L
Chol/HDL ratio 4.9
I notice that my Trig is down from 2.0 to 1.3 from the last test I had done and my HDL is up from 1.4 to 1.6 but my LDL has jumped a whopping 3.7 to 5.6.
Has anyone any suggestions as to why this is so and what is the best way of bringing it down?
My doc also said my age was against me (I am 59) and was more reason to get the levels low.
My doctors final words to me were 'don't have a heart attack before I can see you again'. Very encouraging!

Thanks for reading