Thread: Primal Fuel - cheaper alternative?? page

zentshe is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel - cheaper alternative??

Primal Fuel
    I'm ready to take the plunge into the Primal life. I bought the book about a year ago and just wasn't ready to commit. One of my biggest problems is that I need easy, grab and go breakfasts. I get bored easily so I need various options. Primal Fuel looks interesting but I can't justify the price right now. Is there a cheaper alternative that anyone thinks is tasty??

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zentshe View Post
    I'm ready to take the plunge into the Primal life. I bought the book about a year ago and just wasn't ready to commit. One of my biggest problems is that I need easy, grab and go breakfasts. I get bored easily so I need various options. Primal Fuel looks interesting but I can't justify the price right now. Is there a cheaper alternative that anyone thinks is tasty??
    hard boiled eggs, smoked salmon, leftover meat (warm or cold), home made beef jerkey, canned sardines or other fish

Another option, if you are interested/ready, is intermittent fasting/skipping breakfast.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Quick breakfast:

-Make a bunch of hard boiled eggs at the beginning of the week.
    -Bananas; what is easier than a fruit with a built in handle and wrapper?
    -Smoothies: Take the 5 minutes you have to eat, make a smoothie, put it in a lidded cup with a straw, drink on your way to work.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    i'm finding primal to be cheaper actually,
    these are brilliant prepare ahead brekkies from the recipies sticky here (look through them)
    Sausage & Egg Breakfast Bites | Mark's Daily Apple
    Primal Scotch Eggs | Mark's Daily Apple
    you can also beat 6 eggs ,season them and divide them into a muffin tin. then to each section add a different filling, bacon,mushrooms, onion etc,bake for 15 mins so you have a weeks worth of grab and go breakfasts and each one can be different.eat cold or zap in the microwave.

Allenete is offline Senior Member
    On the subject of Primal Fuel - it tastes FANTASTIC! It's *the* best tasting protein powder I've ever had. It also has a thick and creamy consistency.

I don't have it habitually, but when in a hurry or just out of filling food...
    I also mix it in with plain yoghurt and it fluffs up and sort of resembles mousse.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Breakfasts are easy with eggs, a meat like ground sausage or bacon and veggies. The meat can be done ahead of time and veggies can be pre-cut to save time in the morning.

My favorite breakfast right now is the egg/banana pancake recipe posted in the recipe section. Super easy to make and you can modify it with things like cinnamon, pumpkin spice etc. to give variety. This is my breakfast 2-3 times a week right now.
    *~Sara~*

Jer37208 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    you know, when you cost out Primal fuel per serving and factor that into your food budget, it's really not that expensive. I blend mine with a banana for breakfast through my work week and it's fantastic.
    Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one