Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Think your wightloss journey is tough? better think again page 3

ruhrpotter is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sad story.
    I think we should also focus on the mental states of overweight persons.

For me it is an absolute fact that overweight develops mainly because we learned to eat, if we feel sad.

Also think about really bad situations in your childhood. Maybe my body wanted to have extra mass, because it "thinks"
    it can handle bullying etc. better!

Its like an armor to defend you. And all that sadness is in us and whants to be released.

I dont see any thread here that focuses on these things.

Would love to discuss it.

Btw I'm always happy for support of my english skills ;-)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruhrpotter View Post
    Sad story.
    Also think about really bad situations in your childhood. Maybe my body wanted to have extra mass, because it "thinks"

I've had that idea before too. Doesn't apply to me, but my brother who was skin and bones growing up is a good 95kg now.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    People gain it all back because they aren't armed with the right information. They lose it threw hard work -- starvation dieting plus manic workouts, but eventually they get tired. Instead of just knowing what the right foods are to eat.

They also don't make lifestyle changes like realizing you have to wake up and cook for the rest of your life (if you live in a country filled with toxic food).

Damn, that guy is fat!!!

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    People are weak; they have no willpower- period.
    You need some willpower to get over being such an ignorant bitch.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruhrpotter View Post
    Sad story.
    I think we should also focus on the mental states of overweight persons.

For me it is an absolute fact that overweight develops mainly because we learned to eat, if we feel sad.

Its like an armor to defend you. And all that sadness is in us and whants to be released.

I dont see any thread here that focuses on these things.

Would love to discuss it.

Btw I'm always happy for support of my english skills ;-)
    I think this is a factor for many people, but that it is not the only factor for most. The issues that cause obesity are complex. Many people eat too much because they are undernourished by the food they eat and never stop craving nutrients they aren't getting. Many people were trained by their parents in infancy to ignore their hunger and eat whether or not they are hungry. And many people learn disordered eating habits and acquire body image issues from society's pressure to be ultra thin and stay on a diet forever if not.

We are surrounded by ready-to-eat food and bombarded by messages to eat, which goes contrary to nature, where people would have to actively seek food if they were to have something to eat. And the food we are surrounded by is engineered to leave us unsatisfied and craving more.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    People are weak; they have no willpower- period. I weighed less than 100 lbs most of the last 15 years. I think I currently weigh 102-103. You can lose weight and keep it off it you want to badly enough. I am sick of these kinds of stories, just utter garbage.
    See, we disagree here. The problem isn't that people are weak, it's that they're morons. They think they can will themselves to change, and it fails every time. The smart move is to change your environment so it changes you.

calee is offline Senior Member
    I'm definitely not weak nd I don't lack willpower. What I lacked was information about how my body processed different foods. I spent decades dieting and regaining the moment I allowed carbs back in. After years of hard work with food choices and exercising I have been maintaining 100 pounds off my body for over 3 years. I've eaten low carb and came to PB on January 1st. Right now I'm on day 10 of a strict Whole30. I'd still like to let go of 5-10 pounds to be a bit leaner, but if I stayed this weight forever, I'd be healthy.

It's true that many people regain because we don't change habits that led us to obesity in the first place. I don't want to be one of those. Don't groan too loud, but I do go to WW once a week because I made a life commitment to be at Lifetime Goal so that it's free. While I don't eat their food, or count the points, it helps me by knowing I'll get on that scale once a month. It's kept off many food binges in the last three years. I'm not as likely to go down a slippery slope because I hold myself accountable. It just gives me a bit more outside motivation. And yes the motivation has to come from within but we each have our own "stuff". This one apparently works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I'm definitely not weak nd I don't lack willpower.
    Willpower is greatly overrated. Any weight loss or maintenance plan that counts on users continually exerting willpower is basically a scam, because nobody can live that way.

It's true that many people regain because we don't change habits that led us to obesity in the first place.
    Most people are not even aware of the habits they have that work against them. It seems so normal to eat just like everybody else, or to eat the way we were raised.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Fierce is a nutcase with eating disorders galore (you should see her scary blog), she worships the "feet together, thighs apart" look and she's an attention whore. Best to put her on ignore.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Those woo-woo threads are pretty peculiar.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast