Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fish or Eggs? - need some advice . . please page 3

Juli is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have zero scientific evidence other than what I read on MDA, but I do know from my experience being vegetarian and trying to eat paleo/primal that it sucks. I definitely felt as though I was missing out on key nutrients. Even with no wheat or rice, only sticking with quinoa and beans, I would still experience an energy slump midday, bloating, flatulence, etc. After 12 years as a vegetarian, I started eating meat again a few weeks ago, all types of meats, and cut the rest out. Best decision EVER. I understand the difficulty in reintegrating animal proteins after abstaining for years, but if you are open to trying fish, I think it would be worth it for you to try both eggs AND fish.

Ditto to an omelette with salmon. Delicious. Try it with smoked salmon for even more flavor.

Also, I love peanut butter too, but having discovered almond butter, I may never go back to peanut butter...

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    3shna6.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Almond milk would be better than soy. Also, coconut milk. And coconut milk is delicious.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Paleopal is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for all your input on this Groks and Grokesses, I have found it hard to get my head around all this stuff. Cierra - nothing you said was redundant - thanks for taking the time to give me some good advice. It is nice that despite me not approaching this regime from quite the same angle and not being as strict as you people seem - we find the common ground so I can work out how this stuff can work for me.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    As others have said, both fish and eggs are great.

You seem to be approaching this from a nutrition angle. If and when you are ready to add some red meat to your diet, a very small amount of liver is basically the most nutritious food there is.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleopal View Post
    Dairy is full of stuff intended for calves - it never sounded like a good idea to me. Soy may not be perfect but it sounds a lot more normal than dairy to me
    I think you should check better what soy is and how soy products are prepared. Milk will sound like poetry in comparison. Stay away from soy, this is the worst food ever sold to humanity.

Apart this, I agree with you that diary is not 100% suitable for humans, but fortunately there are some ways to improve it: fermentation is one. Consider preparing your own homemade yoghurt and kefir.
    Also, goat and sheep milk is much better than cow's milk, the caseins contained in cow's milk are different and promote inflammation much more than goat's and sheep's. That said, you can do fine without diary at all

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    I eat 12 eggs a day. An excellent food.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Here's a large nutrient database: Nutrient Data : Home

I really like eggs, all oily fish, dairy, and meats. Veggies not so much but I eat them. I could live without them except for the fiber. Soy is really not a good choice.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123