Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fish or Eggs? - need some advice . . please page 2

ClarkKent078603 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    *If you can tolerate dairy, more likely than not, your lineage evolved to not only tolerate it, but benefit from it at any age.
    As far as the OR question goes, you're better off with just eggs. They provide far more nutrients than fish. Sure you get the Omega-3s from fish, but I'm not aware of it containing the plethora of other nutrients. Also, as a middle-aged adult, Omega Fatty Acids are less vital, some argue (Chris Masterjohn). Of course, lifestyle is going to dictate what is vital to you.

ClarkKent078603 is offline Junior Member
    PS, I may be one of the few who advocate eggs over fish, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Paleopal is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKent078603 View Post
    PS, I may be one of the few who advocate eggs over fish, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
    It is good to hear both sides - I started to err towards the fish option due to things like vitamin B12 which is much higher in meat/fish - it seemed like it might be hard to hit the RDA amounts with the eggs

Also Re: soy - i was thinking of other alternatives such as almond milk to be safe - soya was a stop gap as I wanted to get off dairy

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I think the main problem with consuming lots of eggs is that you may develop a sensitivity to them. I did, gave up egg whites, and eat only egg yolks now. I eat a lot of them with no issue.

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleopal View Post
    Also Re: soy - i was thinking of other alternatives such as almond milk to be safe - soya was a stop gap as I wanted to get off dairy
    Here's an article about soy you should read. You being a former vegetarian who's been worhipping at the soy altar (no offense) might first have a hard time accepting this at face value. But have an open mind, give it some time and let it sink in. You'll thank me later.

pollo_la is offline Member
    I think variety is best, so if you are already eating eggs, throw in some fish every now and then. They are different and therefore will give you different nutrients. Also, a steak once a month certainly won't hurt, and could actually help quite a bit!! :-) If you stick with the same nutrient dense foods over and over again, there is no doubt you will be better off then eating a bunch of grains and sugar. However, there is a variety of good, nutrient dense food out there, and to really have all that your body needs to function at its best, the more variety you can include the better.

Techie is offline Member
    Don't be to wrapped up in Plant Protein numbers, much of it is wrapped in toxins or not even bioavailable to begin with by the time it goes out the other end.

Paleopal is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesteak View Post
    Here's an article about soy you should read. You being a former vegetarian who's been worhipping at the soy altar (no offense) might first have a hard time accepting this at face value. But have an open mind, give it some time and let it sink in. You'll thank me later.
    Just read that - very interesting. Ihaven't been at the soy altar :P - it was a replacement for dairy - any good suggestions for a substitute for yoghurt without soy or dairy?

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleopal View Post
    Just read that - very interesting. Ihaven't been at the soy altar :P - it was a replacement for dairy - any good suggestions for a substitute for yoghurt without soy or dairy?
    I don't like milk or yogurt, so I just don't eat/drink it. I do like cheese and butter (in small amounts), so I do get a bit of dairy in that way. I do not eat soy products at all, except for an occasional splash of soy sauce

I'm newer to primal eating and don't get bogged down with all the numbers-I just eat what I enjoy and call it good
    *~Sara~*

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    FISH over EGGS in my book - but... Include them BOTH if you can! I love fish because there are TONS of varieties - TONS! Salmon one night, Halibut the next, Sardines the following... You never get bored!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast