Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal journey of a FFFF (Fat, frumpy, fiftish, female) page

Red face Primal journey of a FFFF (Fat, frumpy, fiftish, female)

Primal Fuel
    Well hello there - yes that is me FAT, FRUMPY, FIFTISH, FEMALE.

I live in the UK (Kent) and have been overweight nearly all my adult life with the weight piling on year after year. Diet after diet has failed, self help groups (including OA) and books have failed, exercise has failed and in general I feel a failure. My health is suffering and I am sure that my body age is much older than it is with all the aches and pains. I am not sure of my weight but I think it is about 120kgs or 18st 12lbs or 264lbs depending on where you live.

I have toying with primal for a few months but have now decided to commit myself more fully. I thought I would start a journal to help me along with this as writing things down seems more final. Any guidance from more knowledgeable primals would be thoroughly appreciated. I have read Mark's book, stocked the larder with primal-friendly goods and am ready to go.

This is my first fully primal day:

Breakfast: 6 meatballs (no sauce) and a large tomato followed by two kiwi fruit
    Lunch: thick slice of turkey breast with a large salad (no dressing) and avocado
    Supper: will be an omlette with some more salad which I have prepared already.

Throughout I have been drinking Earl Grey tea with a dash of semi skimmed milk and water.

Exercise: have been walking around the office. I usually walk to and from work from the train station (about 20 mins each way) but I currently have very bad knee pain (arthritis) and am unable to walk very far. Hopefully, this will ease and I will be back to walking again. I used to do a lot of yoga but have trouble kneeling down and taking the weight on my knees.

Still, this will change as I lose weight and I will feel like doing more exercise the lighter I get.

Thank you for reading.

Mousecatcher
    Last edited by Mousecatcher; 05-08-2013 at 08:35 AM.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Good luck!

You can't change female and 50ish. Fat will change gradually, as long as you stay on track. But frumpy... Go buy yourself a little something nice. You deserve it.

Thanks eKatherine. I saw some of your postings on another thread (have forgotten which one). You look AMAZING!

Well day 2 of my primal journey. I had a good day both eating and living-wise. I also managed to walk from the train station to my work (about a mile) which normally takes about 20 mins but because of my painful knee, took slightly longer. My aim is to cut it down to 15 mins or maybe more.

I weighed myself yesterday and am not quite as heavy as I thought and am 117.5 kgs or 18st 7lb or 256lbs (depending on where you live in the world). I have put a bit of weight on this year - well from February - after I did a one month no alcohol charity challenge for Cancer Research UK on January. I managed to lose 9lbs during the month without even trying. Suffice to say it has all piled back on after I went on a bit of a hedonistic period during Feb but hey ho!

I can tell you that I felt so much better not drinking alcohol that I am cutting it out of my life quite a bit. I couple drinks with friends every few weeks is my plan. I drink cider which is not only quite calorific but also full of sugar but I feel one/two now and again will not hurt.

Breakfast: large tomato with 7 small meatballs
    Lunch: large salad, avocado with turkey breast
    Supper: 4 small pork belly slices and another 5 meatballs.

I am eating a lot of meatballs at the moment as I got a load from the supermarket while they were not only on special offer but also reduced in price. My thinking was to pop then all in the freezer and then found out I did not have the room! What a wally I am. So I have had to cook a number of packets and keep them in fridge. I did managed to get some of the meatballs into the freezer once I had removed the packaging but still have few left uncooked in the fridge. Supper tomorrow I think!

Day 3 of my journey did not go too well.

I had a an extremely stressful day at work and ended up having to work late. I was sooooo pissed off that I ended up drinking a whole bottle of wine and ate a large bag of crisps. I need different ways to handle the stress and will be looking at various options from meditation to exercise (not that I can do that much exercise due to my rather athritic knee).

Up until late afternoon I had had a good day. I ate primally, drank a lot of water etc but then it all went wrong. Stress is one of the main factors in my life that I really need to sort out. All the while I am stressed, I want to eat and drink alcohol.

Day 4

Not the greatest weekend for me food wise. I started well on Saturday and ate primally with a very late breakfast of eggs, sausage, black pudding which is not too primal as it has oats in it but I only had two small slices. A friend phoned and asked if I would like to go to the pub in the afternoon. I wasn't going to go as I did not fancy being around alcohol especially after my bottle of wine yesterday but I decided to pop down about 5pm for one or two. Hah famous last words that. I didn't leave the pub until 11.30 after consuming around six pints of cider and two bags of crisps! Still I really enjoyed myself and ended up dancing to the band that was on that night (Fiddle Fit who do folk music but it is very catchy). I hadn't eaten (apart from the crisps) since my breakfast but by the time I got home it was far too late for me to eat so I had a cuppa and went to bed.

I didn't sleep too well as alcohol makes me feel hot and my heart races plus I always get so dehydrated that I have to get up and drink some water. Then I have to get up to go to the loo! Can't win.

I decided whilst laying away in the middle of the night that I am going to knock alcohol on the head for a while. It does me no good, is not primal - well cider isn't is it, and makes me want to eat crap food.

Day 5 - Sunday

Not feeling the greatest today which is hardly suprising after yesterday evening! Decided on quiet day of rest and restful eating!

Breakfast: two fried eggs, four chipolata sausages, two fried tomatoes, two slices of bacon.
    Late lunch: a large bowl of meatball stew that I made in the slow cooker (meatballs, tin toms, veggies etc and flavoured with my favourite spice at the moment - smoked praprika)

I decided on mini fast after that meal not to eat again until breakfast so drank lots of water and herb tea for the rest of the day. I also decided to have mainly protein for the next few days to get me back into fat burning so I got some meals ready prepared for the next few days, defrosted some lamb chops for supper tomorrow, boiled a large pan of eggs, cooked some bacon and some steak.

Getting back on track.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Mousecatcher, I hope you find health and energy and a lighter body through eating primally. I have found it to be so satisfying and delicious as well as healthy that I never want to change. Good luck.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousecatcher View Post
    Well day 2 of my primal journey. I had a good day both eating and living-wise. I also managed to walk from the train station to my work (about a mile) which normally takes about 20 mins but because of my painful knee, took slightly longer. My aim is to cut it down to 15 mins or maybe more.
    Take it easy and give yourself all the time you need to recover.

I can tell you that I felt so much better not drinking alcohol that I am cutting it out of my life quite a bit. I couple drinks with friends every few weeks is my plan. I drink cider which is not only quite calorific but also full of sugar but I feel one/two now and again will not hurt.
    I am not presently drinking. I find it much harder to lose weight when I drink, as it makes food look really good even if I'm not hungry.

Breakfast: large tomato with 7 small meatballs
    Lunch: large salad, avocado with turkey breast
    Supper: 4 small pork belly slices and another 5 meatballs.

I am eating a lot of meatballs at the moment as I got a load from the supermarket while they were not only on special offer but also reduced in price. My thinking was to pop then all in the freezer and then found out I did not have the room! What a wally I am. So I have had to cook a number of packets and keep them in fridge. I did managed to get some of the meatballs into the freezer once I had removed the packaging but still have few left uncooked in the fridge. Supper tomorrow I think!
    Did you read the label on the meatballs to be sure there is no wheat filler or soy in them? I think all commercial meatballs we can get here have wheat in them.

Wheat always bothered my joints.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Did you read the label on the meatballs to be sure there is no wheat filler or soy in them? I think all commercial meatballs we can get here have wheat in them.

Wheat always bothered my joints.
    I went and read the label and you are quite right - they have 4% breadcrumbs so I won't be eating those again. I will make my own in future! Thanks for letting me know about that. I will read labels more carefully now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast