Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal journey of a FFFF (Fat, frumpy, fiftish, female) page 2

Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Welcome Mousecatcher, I hope you find health and energy and a lighter body through eating primally. I have found it to be so satisfying and delicious as well as healthy that I never want to change. Good luck.
    Thank you very much Annie. The main thing for me is my health at the moment as it is really not too good. Losing weight and having more engery are my main goals at the moment.

Day 6 - Monday 13 May

Had a so-so day today. Fully primal until I got home and then a friend popped round with a bottle of wine and a large bag of Kettle crisps. She is very naughty as she knows that I don't want to eat those darn things but they are very hard to resist when someone else is eating them next to you! I did wonder if she was trying to sabotage my plans - maybe she likes me fat! - but I don't think so. She is a person who likes to feed people and I must admit that she is one of the best cooks I know and makes delicious food. One of my other friends could travel thousands of miles to eat several bowls of Maggie's pofiteroles (they are very good as is her sticky toffee pudding). But I digress. Had a very slight binge after Maggie went and picked at stuff in the fridge and ate some ham and a couple of lamb chops that I had been saving from my lunch on Tuesday.

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs (was hungry after my mini fast on Sunday), 2 slices of bacon, a large tomato
    Lunch: piece of steak, advocado, 1 egg, tomato
    Supper: half a large bag of Kettle crisps , half bottole wine, small pack of ham, two lamb chops

After Maggie left, I got myself ready for Tuesday (packed my breakfast and lunch and got my clothes out ready for wear). Went to bed around 10 which is about half an hour too late for me but I slept well and, for once, managed to get through the night without getting up to go to the loo!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    The good sleep is a wonderful side effect of primal.

Well done on day six, pity about the crisps but never mind you can get back to primal eating tomorrow.

Day 7 - Tuesday 15 May

One week already - really! Where'd the time go? A much better day today and fully primal.

Breakfast: two boiled eggs, two slices of bacon, one large tomato
    Lunch: two lamb chops, two tomatoes and a boiled egg
    Supper: smoothie made with water, 2 heaped tablespoons of greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon honey and a large handful of just thawed berries.

Water, herb tea and Earl Grey throughout the day with a dash of semi skimmed milk in tea.

Wasn't sure about the honey but it is local and can help with my hayfever a bit. I am going to try the smoothie with a bit of sweetened dessicated coconut tonight to see if that makes a bit of difference as the berries are quite sharp.

I slept for 8 hours too as well.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousecatcher View Post
    Had a so-so day today. Fully primal until I got home and then a friend popped round with a bottle of wine and a large bag of Kettle crisps. She is very naughty as she knows that I don't want to eat those darn things but they are very hard to resist when someone else is eating them next to you! I did wonder if she was trying to sabotage my plans - maybe she likes me fat! - but I don't think so. She is a person who likes to feed people and I must admit that she is one of the best cooks I know and makes delicious food.
    Yes, she is trying to sabotage your efforts. She didn't bring one of her delectable creations, she brought junk food and wine to break down your defenses so you would eat it.

I'm not saying she is deliberately setting out to sabotage you. She probably isn't even aware that she is doing it on a conscious level. She's just trying to make things "right" again. Because people resist change they can't control. It makes them uncomfortable in a way they probably couldn't verbalize.

You are probably right Katherine that she is not doing it on a conscious level. It is also up to me to be more mindful of what she is doing.

Day 8 - Wednesday 15 May

Another good day today and fully primal. I woke up feeling quite chipper this morning and even managed to walk to work albeit slowly with a few stops on shops on the way to buy birthday cards. I felt quite good all day too, not hungry in between meals. I must though drink more water. I find that when I get busy at work, I tend not to drink so much as I forget and then wonder why I have a headache and dry mouth!

Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs, 2 slices of ham and large tomato
    Lunch: two turkey breast steaks that I had marinated in tikka paste before cooking and two large tomatoes (I bought quite a lot of those tomatoes I can tell you)
    Supper: smoothie made up of berries, 2 tbsp greek yogurt, water and a shaked of dessicated coconut for a touch of sweetness)

Water, tea and herb tea throughout the day.

I had to visit the doctor's surgery today an action which I particularly hate. I had had my blood pressured measured at the gym at work and it was quite high. I decided to go to the docs to get some tablets to bring it down as I would like to do more exercise but don't want to put myself at risk at the same time. The doc also asked me to go for a blood test for liver, kidney, blood cholestoral etc as I had not had one for years (I don't go to the docs very much). I also have to have an ECG at some point.

Well she has put me on blood pressure tablets which obviously I am not happy about but requires urgent attention. She said I could get side affects (another reason not to take pills) like a dry cough and dizziness which will be something for me to look forward to . The doc also said to see her again soon to see how I am getting on with the pills and, if they are causing me problems, she will look at another type for me.

I suppose it comes to us all but I would like to get myself healthy so that I won't have to take tablets. I am guessing the next round will be to put me on statins which I am not going to do just yet. Going primal should help with lowering my cholesterol naturally.
    Last edited by Mousecatcher; 05-17-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Day 9 Thursday 16 May

An odd day today. I had to go to the local hospital for blood tests. My doctor wants the full spectrum so that she can assess my "healthy-ness". The man who took my blood has left me with the most enormous bruise in the crook of my arm. I have given blood to the transfusion service for donkey's years but never have I been bruised like this. Anyway, I got to work feeling very hungry as I had fasted from the previous evening after having not too much to eat (a smoothie) and thought I had better eat something quick.

Breafast (at 11 am): two slices of ham and a small piece of cake
    Lunch: tikka turkey steaks with some salad
    Supper: small bag of unsalted cashews, 4 small spicy chicken kebabs, 6 small meatballs (I was hungry!) I also had 3 small bottles of cider due to my rebelling against having to take the pills.

I had the cake as it was my friend's birthday and I also felt I needed the sugar as I was feeling quite light-headed. The cider I did not plan but I have such a rebellious streak and felt I was being told what to do by the doctor. I get told what to do all day at work (I am a secretary) and I hate being told what to do in my private life. The pill has made me feel like shite and I expect I wanted the cider to make me feel better. The one good thing is that, although I over ate, it was all primal food. Normally, the cider would be accompanied by a large bag of kettle chips and probably some other crap as well.

Went to bed quite early but did not sleep well probably because of the cider but I think the pill has something to do it it as well as one of the side effects is restless sleep. I hope that my body adapts soon as I hate not having good sleep.

Day 10 - Friday 17 May

Feeling tired today due to restless sleep and dry mouth (could have been the alcohol or a side affect of the pills). Dragged my sorry arse out of bed and went to work. I had remembered to take my lunch but not my breakfast so I had to go to the canteen at work. They do quite good breakfasts if you are having carbs: lots of bread, bagel, muffins, beans, fried bread, hash browns.

Breakfast: three sausages and a slice of ham (left over from yesterday)
    Lunch: last of the tikka turkey breast with the last of the meatballs (cooked yesterday)
    Supper: one of my smoothies

I had a dark chocolate from a box for elevenses - again another birthday but I didn't have any more and stayed well away from them!

I feel pretty rubbish again today and quite "whoozy". It's like the feeling I get if I take Night Nurse or something similar: completely out of it. This is a known side effect of the pills I am taking but hopefully I will adjust soon.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 10 - Saturday 18 May

Slept quite well last night but feeling a bit tired as I had gone to bed rather later than I normally do but got up around the same time. Had a busy old day today. Went to see my mum and step-dad and then to see my mate, Sharon.

Breakfast (at 11 am): 10 meatballs in tomato based vegetable stew.
    Snack: small pack of continental sliced meats.
    Dinner: chinese meal: some egg dish with pork, chicken and cashews, beef with water chestnuts. I managed to avoid the rice but went a bit ott on with prawn crackers while watching "Ted" on dvd. Had 3 small bottles of cider.

I bit of a so-so eating day but the worse thing was feeling ill in the night. I had dreadful acid reflux and ended up being very violently sick around 3 am. I HATE being sick and my body felt so sore afterwards as the acid had burned my throat and my back was so stiff. I will never understand how bulimic people can make themselves sick. I full understand the compulsion to overeat as I have binge eating disorder but I could never make myself sick like that. I crawled back into bed but did not sleep very well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast