Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Severe, watery diarrhea for 2 days...please help! page

AntonioCal is offline Junior Member

Severe, watery diarrhea for 2 days...please help!

Primal Fuel
    For the last two days, I've had a terrible case of diarrhea. My bowel movements have been incredibly watery and very often (10-15 per day). What especially worries me is that I'm not having to urinate. When I drink any liquid (it's been nothing but water or coconut water) it goes immediately (about 30 seconds) through me and comes out in a bowel movement. I've eaten a banana, yogurt, bland chicken, spinach, and eggs over the course of the past 48 hours. It has only been taking an hour or two to pass my food (faster when consumed with more liquid) and it has been coming out not very digested. Obviously it hasn't been in my system long enough to be properly digested. I'm starting to get really worried about the fact that this seems to be a problem of dehydration, but I can't seem to get hydrated because nothing is staying in my system. I've also tried immodium to no avail, maybe because it also didn't have time to be absorbed properly? I'm getting pretty desperate and on the brink of attempting the CW BRAT technique (banana, rice, applesauce, toast) unless anyone has any other recommendations. Please help, I don't know what to do!!
    22 year old male in Pittsburgh. Primal since 9/12.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    See a Doctor

mikegee2 is offline Member
    +1!! and stay hydrated

drheather is offline Senior Member
    Could be microscopic colitis-would have to get a colonoscopy to diagnose it for sure.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are having the diarrhea because you are sick, not due to an isolated yucky item(due to duration). So your three problems are- the diarrhea, the dehydration, and the sick.

Dehydration:Keep passing the liquids through. Even if they are coming out a different spot, at least you are getting them in. Try broth or salted water to keep your electrolytes in balance while your liquid levels are shifting so much. (1t salt per 8 cups water, with 2T lemon juice and 1t sugar[if desired]). Soak in a luke-warm tub. Keep drinking, keep drinking, keep drinking. Keep an eye on your dehydration symptoms(lethargy, sunken eyes, vomiting, dizziness), and get help if they get bad.

If you can keep the dehydration problem under check, you are giving your body time to deal with the two others.

Diarrhea: Nothing wrong with bananas, rice, and applesauce. Go for it. Also, try a small amount of yogurt every hour or two. Don't forget to keep drinking.

Sickness: Rest. Liquids. Your choice of how you like to treat illness. More rest. More liquids. Your body has good ways of dealing with illness, if you give it the raw materials(rest, liquids!).

Good luck, man. That's rough. Two days of that will wear you out.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    See a doctor. They will give you something to stop the diarrhea so you can re-hydrate. It could just be a bad bug.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    I know that for some people coconut water can have a laxative effect. Perhaps just stick to the water for now, which will probably also be cheaper if its just shooting through you.

onepicker0 is offline Junior Member
    You should eat yogurt everyday. Yogurt prevent infant diarrhea at the first place. In yogurt there is probiotics, which consist of helpful bateria that can help treat some kinds of diarrhea. Hope that help you know how to stop diarrhea naturally

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Norwalk virus is a strong possibility. See your PCP to get the dehydration under control, then your body will have a chance.
    "Man is born free.....but everywhere he is in chains."

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dr and feel better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast