Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ultimate Problem page 2

freshstart is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you!! I will try those. It's a mental block for me, and I appreciate all of the tips.

pollo_la is offline Member
    I'm struggling a little bit with the same thing myself. Eating a clementine or a hot tea with a little honey in it usually satisfies me though. Also, since no one in my family has any weight issues, we do allow a decent amount of fruit throughout our day. I also don't have any problem with grabbing a couple dark chocolate covered almonds after a meal to satisfy a sugar craving. I've never had a problem "stopping" with these things though. I know for some people they would eat one almond - followed by the whole bag. I can truly eat just a few and stop. Oh, and I make muffins and such out of coconut flour with honey in them. So, yeah, we still have "sugar" quite a bit. We have cut out all grains though. One step at a time. I do hope to gradually reduce our honey consumption, but since we have no weight issues, I will likely keep a decent amount of fruit, and the occasional potato here and there.

Argon is offline Junior Member
    Recovered sugar addict, here. I used to have it bad... I couldn't go a full 24-hours without sugar and would have intense, physical cravings and massive headaches if I tried to go without.

My biggest advice and what eventually worked for me is just accept it. Realize you have a problem with sugar, and that getting it out of your system is going to suck. You're going to be irritable and cranky as hell and your mind is going to be screaming at you to just give in. You're going to think of every excuse in the book to justify eating it. You just gotta ignore it.

Other tips:
    -Avoid watching TV or movies for a few weeks.
    -Make sure you're eating enough calories. If you cut out all the sugar you were eating without replacing the energy with something else, that's bad news.
    -Don't look at dessert-based food blogs. Avoid the 'popular' category on Pinterest. I still have difficulty with this.
    -Realize it's going to take time. It took me almost 2 years to last more than 30 days without sugar.

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    Realize you have a problem with sugar, and that getting it out of your system is going to suck. You're going to be irritable and cranky as hell and your mind is going to be screaming at you to just give in. You're going to think of every excuse in the book to justify eating it. You just gotta ignore it.
    That's how you tackle a cocaine addiction too......just ask Lindsey Lohan.

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    I know this is a primal forum, but I have a giant bowl of oatmeal after I train, 3 days a week. Oatmeal is my comfort food and I'll never give it up. Giant bowl of oatmeal with heavy cream, butter, maple syrup, and frozen blueberries. Over the course of my life I may have eaten that meal more than any other at this point.

Edit: I should note that I lift very heavy weights at a very high intensity. I probably wouldn't indulge in such a treat if I had a more moderate training regimen.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't heat up my turkey.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Haven't had sugar in 10 years. The sugary-est thing I have even in the past ten years is roasted butternut squash - that stuff rocks my socks off

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12