Week 1 recap
In the spirit of finding the positive about this journey, I should summarize my first primal week:
- My perioral dermatitis has improved considerably. (This is a symmetrical acne-like rash around the nose, chin, and forehead that has no clear etiology.) My forehead is almost completely clear, chin about 75% clear, nose (which is the worst) about 50% clear. This is such a relief.
- My scalp psoriasis has possibly, slightly improved. (I could be imagining this, but it feels less itchy and I've had to use less of my topical med.)
- I lost about 4.5 pounds and my face looks thinner.
- My bowels are normal now. (Grains were the culprit?)
- I haven't snacked mindlessly in the evenings at all.
- No wild food cravings.
- My energy level is CRAZY. I've been waking up, refreshed and with energy, at 6, 6:30 am! This is very unusual for me.
- My mood has lifted enormously.
I have to remember these changes down the road should I ever lose motivation.
On to week 2 ...
Starting weight: 195.8
Weight at end of 21-day challenge: ???
Goal: To free myself of food obsessions and maintain a healthy weight without DIEeting